- Do you have expertise in communications or media relations?
- Do you have the capability to deliver impactful campaigns?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
The Communications & Information team at CSIRO is currently looking for a Communications Advisor to support the implementation of the communication strategy for our Land and Water business Unit.
You will have the opportunity to support and lead the creation and delivery of integrated communications and corporate affairs, primarily focused on external communications and engagement, but with an application to internal audiences as important stakeholders and partners.
You will be expected to undertake a range of activities such as writing articles and media releases, creating digital content, drafting strategies, liaising with science stakeholders, developing collateral, supporting management of issues, and providing editorial oversight and delivery of ECOS (CSIRO’s sustainability e-newsletter)
Your duties will include
• Planning and developing creative content for use in digital or media to illustrate CSIRO science and impact
• Contributing to the delivery of integrated plans, processes and events
• Contributing to the implementation of the communication strategy
• Liaising with media to identify and develop compelling stories
• Developing internal and external stakeholder relationships to support and promote the effective communication of CSIRO science
• Assisting the Communication Manager with the identification and management of issues
Location: Negotiable – Any major sites of CSIRO in AU
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 13 months
Hours: Part time (44.1 hrs/fortnight)
To be successful you will need
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in science communications, PR, marketing, digital, media or journalism
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of written communications, including communication plans, with strong skills and experience in areas such as science communications, media relations, public relations, government affairs, digital content creation, marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of issues management, communications and stakeholder engagement in contentious and complex areas of science.
- Ability to readily adapt to changing circumstances and to operate well with situations that lack clarity in order to achieve team objectives.
- Initiative and flexibility to contribute and work collaboratively across the Corporate Affairs function, to achieve One CSIRO outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders that help to achieve positive outcomes.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish- D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 14 July 2019 at 11.59pm AEST