- Can you design and implement contemporary talent management strategies?
- Can you influence a diverse range of key stakeholders?
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
We are seeking to appoint a Manager – Talent Management and Succession to lead the Talent Stream within the Learning, Leadership and Talent team (LL&T). Working collaboratively across CSIRO, you will proactively drive and shape the strategic direction and implementation of our internal talent, succession and career development strategies. In this diverse role, you will also be involved in all facets of talent management including interpreting assessment results to identify and recommend appropriate learning interventions for high-potential staff.
Your experience in the implementation and evaluation of internal talent management and succession planning strategies will be critical to your success in this role. The combination of your excellent communication and influencing skills will see you creating positive impact across the organisation as you build and develop robust talent pipelines.
Your duties will include
- Designing and managing CSIRO’s Talent Management strategy including:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating a contemporary and transformative approach to talent management and succession planning.
- Supporting CSIRO leaders and the HR community in implementing succession and talent management strategies.
- Assessing and interpreting learning and development needs of identified high-potential employees.
- Leading the Talent Stream of the LL&T team including:
- Leading and developing team members and influencing internal and external parties to achieve the Stream’s goals.
- Allocating and monitoring resources, including budget, to achieve Stream outcomes.
- Engaging and managing appropriate industry leading external providers for consulting and assessments.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC, Sydney (North Ryde) NSW or Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT preferred; other locations by negotiation
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area such as human resource management, psychology or organisational development, or extensive knowledge and experience within a complex human resources environment.
- A history of developing, implementing and evaluating contemporary internal talent management and succession planning strategies within a complex organisation.
- The ability to facilitate development conversations and outcomes including using assessment data to recommend appropriate learning interventions
- Highly developed communication, collaboration and change management skills including the ability to influence and support a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- To be able to undertake interstate travel as required and to work across different Australian time zones.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For more information about this role please view the Position Description
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a cover letter (max length 2 pages) and CV or resume outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 13th October 2019 (11 pm AEST)