- Are you an enthusiastic, results focused person with a genuine desire to pursue a career in the People business?
- Apply your well-developed HR and administrative skills to help deliver a broad range of HR activities and projects.
- Join CSIRO's busy People office and make a positive difference to the business.
CSIRO is Australia's national, mission-directed science and research agency. Every day we work to solve the big questions facing our country and the planet. We are proud of what we do, what we have achieved, and the difference we make. A team of Human Resource professionals support the organisation in the management of its people and in the implementation of programs.
In this dynamic and engaging role role as Human Resources (HR) Officer - People, you will provide proactive, broad ranging support to the HR Business Partner – People, the Executive Director People Office and other relevant stakeholders across the Business Units to support CSIRO deliver its strategy and goals. As part of the broader HR team, you will be involved in several People projects and provide support to Business Unit activities.
In this role you will:
- Undertake a wide variety of operational activities which include support and facilitation of generalist HR practices and processes.
- Interpret and implement CSIRO standards and procedures to promote consistency, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Actively contribute to the People Strategy and respective priorities and projects.
- Work collaboratively as part of a regionally dispersed team to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s strategic HR and Business Unit scientific objectives.
Location: Major capital cities
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a range of HR issues (i.e. legislative requirements, recruitment & selection, Health and Safety, organisational and staff development and performance).
- Well-developed interpersonal and collaborative skills, with the demonstrated ability to be a team player and apply flexibility and a positive approach to work effectively with staff of all levels.
- Proven ability to apply tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality when required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and apply previous lessons, and an enquiring, analytical approach to deliver outcomes.
- Proven communication aptitude underpinned by demonstrated strong written and verbal skills, plus an eye for detail which translates to high quality, accurate outputs.
- Strong administrative skills and systems knowledge including experience with: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Outlook and demonstrated ability to learn new systems/platforms, for example SAP or similar HR platform.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 July 2020, 11:00pm AEST