Senior People Partner
Senior People Partner
- Are you a senior HR professional with a passion for strategic people initiatives?
- Can you advise and support senior leaders on highly complex people and business matters?
- Join CSIRO today and help us deliver a dynamic people partnering service!
The Senior People Partner (People) is responsible for partnering with senior leaders across the People Function to provide tactical coaching and development, and support the implementation of strategic People Partnering activities and People strategies. These operational activities include but are not limited to strategic workforce planning; change management; performance management; local learning and development initiatives; and coaching and development of people and leaders.
In this challenging and dynamic role, you will proactively utilise support from other centres of excellence in the delivery of this service and ensure strong alignment to People Priorities and CSIRO organisational objectives. In addition, the Senior People Partner will lead and implement projects as directed by the Deputy Director – People, in line with organisational needs. Ultimately, this role will provide a dynamic people service delivery, underpinned by CSIRO Values.
Your duties will include:
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with the leaders provide strategic People strategies and deliver dynamic people partnering services
- Using technical expertise to advise and support senior leaders on a range of highly complex and sensitive People and organisational matters, utilising support from or redirecting complex matters to other People functions and CSIRO centres of excellence (Case Management, Talent, HSE, WS&E).
- Actively seeking feedback on HR processes and offerings for continuous improvement and enhancement to provide dynamic business support that is regularly evolving in line with trends to deliver advanced, high-level service delivery.
- Working with Business Leaders to assist in the implementation of strategic people partnering activities such as capability planning; strategic workforce planning; leadership and team development; change management and restructure programs and performance management.
Location: Linfield, NSW; Canberra, ACT; Clayton, VIC; or Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management, organisational development, or business management (or equivalent qualification) and/or extensive knowledge of and experience within a human resources environment.
- 5-10 years experience in a leading senior HR role, developing and implementing people initiatives/activities aligned to strategic organisational objectives within a complex, multifunctional organisation.
- Ability to influence, advise and support leaders of the business on a range of complex HR, organisational, and employee relations issues.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for contentious proposals/ideas.
- Experience in supporting and contributing to a dispersed management team with a high degree of success in implementing organisational HR/people priorities and strategies within the business.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident, currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 26 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2021
- AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition