Strategy Communications Advisor
Strategy Communications Advisor
- Partner across the organisation to shape and share CSIRO’s strategic narrative
- Develop and drive communications strategies to support significant programs and initiatives
- Part-Time Role (3-4 Days Per Week)
CSIRO’s Corporate Affairs team is seeking an experienced Strategy Communications Advisor to work closely with stakeholders in the Strategy team to shape and share CSIRO’s narrative, driving and developing communications strategies to support significant programs and initiatives.
A newly created role in the Corporate Affairs team, as the Strategy Communications Advisor you will play a lead role in the planning and implementation of communications and engagement strategies, including internal communications, leadership communications, media, events, multimedia, social media, and web content to promote CSIRO's impact and relevance.
As the successful candidate you will work across the organisation to align and integrate messaging, facilitating connections and streamlining activities around a clear narrative, as well as providing broader communications support across the Corporate Affairs team as needed.
Your duties will include:
- Building relationships across CSIRO to develop and execute communications strategies that engage and reflect the depth and breadth of the organisation
- Delivering high quality communications outputs across a range of channels, including web, multimedia, leadership communications, events and webinars
- Proactively seeking out communications opportunities and best practice to lift visibility of CSIRO’s narrative
- Partnering with internal clients to provide expert and best practice advice to enable their communication objectives
- Researching, writing and editing content to support the broader Corporate Affairs team, as required.
Location: Negotiable - Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney preferred
Salary: AU85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A certificate or tertiary qualification and relevant work experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or employee relations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communications strategies managing in large complex environments
- Experience building and maintaining professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines, and at all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 Setember 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2021
- AU85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation