Culture Change and Strategic Projects Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Culture Change and Strategic Projects Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea, and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Key position supporting the BU leadership team to drive strategic projects
- Varied role focused on a range of business processes and strategic initiatives
- Join the supportive team at Australia’s premier science agency – CSIRO!
Are you experienced in culture change with impressive project management skills? CSIRO Agriculture and Food (A&F) business unit is seeking a motivated project officer to provide executive support in driving fundamental strategic projects.
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is the innovation catalyst for transforming profitability and sustainability in Australia's food and fibre industries and a science leader impacting the globe's agri-food security.
The Culture Change and Strategic Project Officer will work closely with the business unit Director and Leadership Team to assist in a variety of key business processes and strategic initiatives. The role will involve establishing & maintaining strong stakeholder relationships and managing the progress and deliverables of multi-faceted strategic and culture change projects.
This busy role requires at least a 70% allocation. Part-time and/or job share arrangements can be considered.
This will be an exciting role for a driven change professional and project officer, who is passionate about driving new business strategies and people-oriented programs to make an impact on the growth of the business unit.
Your duties will include:
- Managing and making significant contributions to the execution of various strategic initiatives that have been identified by the Business Unit Leadership Team.
- Assisting the coordination of internal and external business processes, working closely with the Executive Officer and other members of the Leadership Team.
- Providing training to business unit staff to enhance skills that improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assisting in the preparation of business documents, reports, presentations, analyses, plans and briefings.
- Project managing and providing executive support to key multi-faceted strategic projects, which involves setting, monitoring, and reporting progress against the project’s workplan; maintaining core documentation; producing reports and presentations; and facilitating communication among the team.
Location: Canberra ACT, Brisbane QLD, or Perth WA (other locations may be negotiable)
Salary: AU$87K to AU$98K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term until December 2023
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in managing and/or contributing collaboratively to strategic initiatives that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under limited supervision on a wide variety of activities.
- Ability to manage competing demands and select optimal solutions for a range of options for problems faced.
- Experience in project management, including formulating workplans, defining deliverables, execution, and completion.
- Proven experience in assisting with preparing business documents, such as reports, presentations, and plans.
- Experience in communicating with internal and external stakeholders and able to respond to their needs in a timely and satisfactory manner.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
- Australian/New Zealand Citizen;
- Australian Permanent Resident; or
- Australian Temporary Resident with an existing valid visa and work rights to cover the length of the specified term (at least until end of 2023), without the requirement of sponsorship from CSIRO.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character check requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
27 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
CSRIO reserves the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jan 2022
- AU$87K to AU$98K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time