Human Resources Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Human Resources Manager
- Can you drive quality HR practice across CSIRO?
- Do you want to partner with specialist HR areas to deliver impactful strategies?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) at CSIRO is a member of a team of geographically dispersed HR business partners working with senior executives and line managers across CSIRO. All staff in CSIRO work to achieve our purpose of solving the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
We are seeking a HRM who will be responsible for building strong working relationships with the business and who can provide strategic HR advice which improves the quality of business decisions and delivers impact. In this dynamic role the HRM will proactively shape the delivery of HR services based on a deep understanding of contemporary HR and our business, driving the quality of HR practice across the organisation.
In this role, you may lead a small team whilst partnering with specialist areas with HR to ensure delivery of an effective people plan.
Your duties will include:
- Leading a high performing team of HR business partners, including coaching, developing and coordinating resources
- Providing HR partnering advice to clients and business leaders to achieve objectives and plans
- Driving and leading sector and business unit change management activities
- Providing strategic leadership in your area of expertise, and contributing to the overall leadership of the HR and People functions
- Guiding the deployment of the talent agenda to support the rapid growth of the business and create and sustain a diverse pipeline that anticipates future business needs
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane or Melbourne
Salary: AU$117,917 - AU$138,176 (pro-rata for part time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years full time or part-time
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in HR management, organisational development or business management and/or extensive knowledge of, and experience within, a human resource environment
- Evidence of leadership development experience and implementation of HR objectives with a complex, multi-business organisation
- Demonstrated ability to influence, advise, and support senior leaders on a range of complex HR, organisational and employee relations issues
- Experience in supporting and contributing to a dispersed management team with a high degree of success in implementing organisational HR priorities
- An ability to effectively lead and work with a team of HR professionals, collaborate widely across a broader People team, and provide strategic HR guidance to senior managers
- Proven track record of anticipating and managing problems in ambiguous situations, developing appropriate solutions based on a thorough evaluation, and demonstrating sound and reasoned decisions and conclusions
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
In order to be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 23 Jan 2022
- AU$117,917 - AU$138,176 (pro-rata for part time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture