Communication Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Develop communication strategies to support the Generation STEM initiative
- Work in a dynamic team, delivering impactful communication activities
- Join CSIRO in this exciting role today!
CSIRO are looking for a highly skilled and innovative communication professional with strong and stakeholder engagement skills to take on the role of Communication Advisor in CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency. Working with our CSIRO Education and Outreach team, you will support the Generation STEM initiative.
As we move into an era of fast-paced technological disruption, an innovative STEM-skilled workforce will be essential for the growth of our nation and economic prosperity. CSIRO is working closely with industry and the education sector to develop and deliver programs that have proven impact, with a clear focus on building a pipeline of STEM talent.
The NSW Government has made a ten-year $25 million endowment to the Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF) to establish the Generation STEM initiative to attract, support, retain and train NSW students in STEM through school, further education and into employment.
Generation STEM will deliver programs that attract more diverse, high?potential high school students into NSW?based STEM educational pathways (higher education and vocational education and training) and retain top performers in NSW?based STEM employment and/or further education.
The Communications Advisor will join the CSIRO Corporate Affairs team, working with the Generation STEM team to lead the development of communication strategies to support the program and deliver high impact communication activities, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. This role will see you develop content and campaigns to cater for a range of stakeholder groups, including: staff, industry, other government agencies, media and the general public.
We will be calling on you to work independently and within small or large teams. Effective time management is essential, there will be a lot of different priorities you need to manage.
If you have a track record of designing and deliver effective and creative communication activities, including developing and implementing strategies, writing material for various channels (including social media and the web), managing issues, delivering campaign activities, building strong organisational networks and contributing to a positive change in organisational culture then this might be the role for you.
Your duties will include:
- Confidently create integrated, high impact and measurable campaigns for Generation STEM.
- Proactively identify opportunities effectively reach key audiences across industry, government, media and stakeholders.
- Participate enthusiastically as a part of CSIRO’s broader Corporate Affairs function, which works on an account management model, with a focus on flexibility and cooperation.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships internally and externally to deliver effective service and fulfil communication goals.
- Manage constructive relationships with external agencies to deliver campaign objectives.
- Efficiently manage all aspects of high-profile integrated marketing and communication activities with multiple stakeholders.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications – PR, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience managing integrated and creative communication campaigns, especially in employee engagement or internal communication.
- Demonstrated experience creating content for digital audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to communicate complex data.
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality focus and operate well in an often complex, ambiguous and fast-moving environment.
- The ability to work effectively independently and also as a member of a team, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide guidance to managers and staff.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15 May 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 15 May 2022
- NSW - Eveleigh
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation