Facilities Program Director - Marine National Facility - [Archived Advertisement]
Facilities Program Director - Marine National Facility
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Lead delivery of the Marine National Facility – Australia’s only blue-water research capability
- Promote strong collaboration across internal and inter-organisational boundaries
- Make a difference! Draw on your superior project management and influencing skills to ensure optimal impact
Funded by the Australian Government since 1984, the Marine National Facility (MNF) provides a keystone element of the nation’s research infrastructure by providing the only blue-water research capability available in Australia. The 94m research vessel, Investigator was commissioned in 2014-15 and is available for multidisciplinary research in the oceans and seas around Australia, from the tropics to the Antarctic ice-edge.
As the Facilities Program Director for the MNF, you will set the vision and strategy, and provide leadership for a program to deliver outcomes and impact for the Facility. You will proactively develop and manage the Facility and external relationships to ensure optimal science, financial and impact delivery. As a key member of the Business Unit (BU) Leadership Team, you will deliver specific elements of the BU’s overall impact, science and financial objectives.
Your responsibilities will be focussed in the following four areas:
- Facility leadership & operations
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and Partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU$169k to AU$181k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Planning, financial, project management, change management skills and experience at the level of a national program of comparable size and scale to the Marine National Facility.
- Superior interpersonal abilities, including strong influencing and negotiation skills and a history of successful relationship building.
- Experience and understanding of risk management, incident response, organisational requirements, and relevant policies, procedures and external regulations, relevant to a facility similar in nature to the Marine National Facility.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate widely.
- A record of strong leadership that has contributed to or defined policy direction and strategy.
- A history of anticipating and successfully resolving complex technical, management and administrative issues.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
Applications are open to:
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- New Zealand Citizens
- Australian Temporary Residents with work rights for the expected duration of the term (at least to end of July, 2025), with no requirement for sponsorship.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Thursday 9 June, 2022 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Jun 2022
- TAS - Hobart
- AU$169k to AU$181k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Corporate Planning & Management