HSE Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Deliver tailored technical and specialist health, safety and environment (HSE) support
- Support multiple business units at the specific site
- Truly make an IMPACT at CSIRO!
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future focused, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture. As such, we currently have an opportunity across our Brisbane locations for an experienced and passionate health, safety and environment professional on an indefinite basis. This role will be based onsite across both our St Lucia and Bribie Island sites. The expectation is that the successful person will be based at St Lucia for 3 days and Bribie Island for 1-2 days per week, but there may be some flexibility around these numbers.
The HSE Advisor reports to one of the HSE Managers, as well as working as part of the broader HSE team. This role is responsible for delivering HSE services by providing tailored technical and specialist HSE support and being involved in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture focusing on the sector and supporting the HSE team.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through the planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across CSIRO sites.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with site work groups, understand their unique HSE needs and make recommendations to guide management decisions.
- Contributing to a cohesive, collaborative, and innovative HSE team, providing hands-on HSE practical support to operational staff, and liaising with the HSE team.
- Coaching and educating staff through knowledge sharing across relevant organisational teams, utilising best practice and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance.
- Endorsing HSE culture and leading by example, acknowledging and promoting behaviours to enable a positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
- Being flexible and agile to contribute to multiple teams, managing multiple priorities, and supporting various business and site needs.
- Developing a deep understanding of the HSE risk profile and support the implementation of HSE improvement initiatives.
Location: St Lucia AND Bribie Island, QLD
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary degree in a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety & Environment, risk management and relevant work experience with at least 3-5 years demonstrated experience in HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE.
- Ability to co-operate with others to coach and build trust with leaders by influencing a positive HSE culture. Ability to create trust by displaying consistency and understanding through integrity and patience.
- Demonstrated ability to enable positive organisational change, by advising strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- High level of interpersonal skills including being respectful, collaborative, builds trust, listens, and uses discussions to find common ground. Communicates clearly (both in orally and in writing). Considered a trusted advisor; fostering effective client relationships and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with stakeholders and other HSE teams to promote the desired culture and achieve team objectives.
- Proven ability to interpret legislation and regulatory standards to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issue and exposure to HSE hazard management. Prior experience in using this knowledge to contribute to clear advice and implementation of a consistent HSE message across the organisation.
- A working history of understanding goals and targets, taking accountability and delivering on commitments and producing results.
- Experience participating in the ongoing knowledge transfer across HSE teams and providing support to other team members through fostering open communication and being a proactive and positive team contributor.
For full details about this role, please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
1 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 01 Jun 2022
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Coaching and Mentoring