Change Manager (IMT-Science Digital) - [Archived Advertisement]
Change Manager (IMT-Science Digital)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- A rewarding 3-year opportunity! Two (2) Change Manager positions available!
- Influence major change initiatives, cultivate positive impact!
- Join a team that values work-life balance! Flexible/Hybrid Working Environment
CSIRO are seeking two (2) Change Managers to help enact this change and ensure the organisation is well supported as we undergo a transformation journey.
Newly created opportunities within the Information Management and Technology (IMT) team, as an Organisational Change Manager you will play a pivotal part within the IM&T Transformation Team. CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IMT) provides services to the organisation that include IT Services, Scientific Computing, Application and Knowledge Management and Cybersecurity. IMT has an ambitious multi-year program to refresh systems and processes to support CSIRO’s strategy.
As a Change Manager, you will design and implement activities that support the adoption of change by CSIRO people, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures.
Acting within a complex and multi-layer transformation, you will be a skilled strategist, and will be responsible for identifying integration points, linkages and dependencies across different initiatives, and helping to establish consistency and alignment with the overall enterprise services transformation.
Your role will have a genuine positive impact. The outcome of these programs of work will fundamentally change the way we will work in the future as Australia’s national science agency.
Your duties will include:
- Navigate complex behavioural change programs and projects, with changes involving multiple stakeholders spanning executive sponsors, senior leaders as well as impacted groups across support and research areas.
- Develop tailored, fit-for-purpose change management plans and implement strategies for enterprise-wide change initiatives including the development and implementation of effective engagement, communication and development activities.
- Actively consult and engage with executive sponsors and Business Unit leaders to identify and mitigate potential people risks for change.
- Develop a sound understanding of CSIRO’s digital transformation goals and IMT’s goals and activities and provide strategic change management advice to program leads.
- Influence and persuade Business Unit leaders and influencers to recognise the need for change in initiating innovative solutions/proposals and liaise with, and influence, related professions to develop practices, which support the Business Unit.
- Ensure all change activities are completed within set timeframes, and quality requirements are maintained by status monitoring and regular reporting to appropriate governance levels.
- As part of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) support the One CSIRO approach to Change Management across the organisation.
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide preferred.
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or similar experience in a technology environment.
- Extensive change management experience in an organisation of comparable size and complexity, ideally in cultural change or transformation programs and the capacity to deliver high quality outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead and influence stakeholders and multi-disciplinary team members within a large and complex environment to deliver effective outcomes.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement experience, preferably in the development and implementation of concurrent organisational programs and change strategies.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgement, discretion and political awareness in dealing with stakeholders representing diverse interests and competing agendas.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, consultation, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
8 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Aug 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: