Speechwriter and Communication Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Speechwriter and Communication Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Support CSIRO’s Executive Team with your communication expertise
- Amplify CSIRO’s engagement and impact
- Play a key role at Australia’s National Science Agency!
CSIRO, Australia’s National Science Agency, is seeking an experienced Speechwriter and Communication Advisor to join their Corporate Affairs team.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide specialist advice and support to the Executive Team, including the Chief Executive, in the planning and liaising of external and internal engagements. You will play a pivotal role in preparing speeches, opinion pieces, forewords, media interviews, social media, and briefings for panels and presentations. You’ll draw on your high-level writing skills and experience in developing integrated communication strategies for senior leaders to lift the profile of CSIRO’s Executive Team.
Your role will contribute to deepening the understanding of what CSIRO does and its contribution and value to the nation with external stakeholders while strengthening engagement and leadership visibility internally.
Your duties will include:
- Providing high-level written material for the Executive Team, including speeches, briefing notes, opinion pieces, social media content and internal communications.
- Providing advice to senior leaders including speaking opportunities, media announcements and events.
- Identifying key internal/external engagement opportunities and amplification strategies for the Executive Team in line with CSIRO’s strategy.
- Ensuring executive engagements are aligned with the CSIRO-wide communication calendar and appropriately promoted through CSIRO-owned and external channels.
- Supporting executive media training, coaching and development.
- Providing broad writing support across the Corporate Affairs function as required, including content for digital and social channels, internal communication, and media.
- Evaluating the outcomes and impact of external engagements, while providing recommendations and implementing improvements.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Hobart (Open to location).
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related field and/or relevant experience in developing communications content for organisations and their leaders.
- High-level writing skills with a demonstrated track record in developing and executing creative communication strategies.
- Experience in speechwriting for senior leaders, including coaching and strategic counsel at executive level.
- Experience writing and managing content and editorial processes in large complex organisations.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- High-level senior stakeholder management experience, including influencing, negotiation and maintaining high trust and collaborative working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of how to grow and protect a corporate brand, including risk management, problem solving, a thorough understanding of the media and political environment, and a strong news sense.
- Ability to create a culture committed to values-based behaviour which fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Experience in science, research, innovation or associated industries.
- Experience in journalism or media industry
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28th August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 28 Aug 2022
- AU$102k - AU$111k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation