Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Bring your flair for organising events and help promote CSIRO Science
- 3-year term role with a flexible part-time or full-time option
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food is the innovation catalyst for transforming profitability and sustainability in Australia's food and fibre industries and a science leader impacting the globe's agri-food security.
This exciting opportunity as an Event Coordinator in CSIRO’s Agri & Food will work very closely with their Communication Team and broader Corporate Affairs Team to deliver some high-profile events that promote science. The Event Coordinator will also provide support to internal events like large cross-business unit events assisting with budgets, admin support, logistics, content development and through reporting and maintenance of the event calendar.
Applicants seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements who are open to some local and interstate travel are encouraged to apply for this role.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining a calendar of key events in which the CSIRO Agriculture and Food business unit plans to participate.
- Planning, Implementation and delivery of events by engaging with relevant internal and external stakeholders by coordinating on time and within budget.
- Overseeing a wide range of logistics related to participation in events.
- Reporting on project progress and sharing regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Evaluating key events and sponsorships and providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
Location: Brisbane, QLD; Canberra, ACT; Melbourne, VIC; Adelaide, SA (open and flexible for any of these locations)
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years / Full-time or part-time (up to 0.8FTE) is negotiable
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience and success in event coordination, from planning to delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management both internal and external and proactively build and manage relationships
- Highly developed organisational/project management skills, including setting timelines, managing budgets and competing priorities
- Proven ability to investigate and solve complex problems, deal effectively with ambiguity, readily adapt to changing circumstances and maintain professionalism and flexibility, in order to achieve team objectives.
- Highly developed organisational/project management skills, including setting timelines, managing budgets, and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and creativity in contributing to organisational goals.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/ New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia with a valid working visa to cover the length of the specified term position without the requirement of visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level. The appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
04 October 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2022
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
- Events Management