Executive Assistant to the Executive Director - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Influence and engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Be a key member of the CSIRO Future Industries leadership team
- Flexible / hybrid working environment
CSIRO is Australia’s National Science Agency. We have improved the lives of many around the world through our research and developments including WiFi, the Hendra Virus Vaccine, Polymer Banknotes, extended wear contact lenses, Aerogard and the Total Wellbeing Diet. The Future Industries Sector at hosts some of the most exciting and impactful business units within CSIRO including Agriculture & Food, Health & Biosecurity, the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, Manufacturing and CSIRO Services.
The Executive Assistant (EA) Future Industries will provide high level administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) and other senior stakeholders in the sector. The EA will prioritise commitments, follow through on issues to successful resolution, coordinate timely responses to requests, collect and analyse information, and plan and facilitate the effective operation of the ED’s office. With the Executive Officer the EA will contribute to drafting of documents, correspondence, and presentations. Beyond day-to-day management of the administration needs of the ED, the EA will work as a key member of the Future Industries leadership team and act as Office Manager to ensure effective systems of work are established within the Future Industries Office. The EA will proactively assist the ED to ensure early adoption of new technologies or future ways of working. The Executive Assistant will, as time permits, also lead or contribute to projects such as coordination of stakeholders, staff engagement, conducting desktop research, gathering information, writing reports and project scheduling.
At CSIRO we offer great flexibility with how we work. This role is open to flexible start and finish times and a mix of home and office work arrangements.
Your duties will include:
- Provide a proactive focal point for the Executive Director, Future Industries Leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders, including support and advice on issues and interactions with key stakeholders.
- With the Executive Officer coordinate responses to information requests, reporting requirements, drafting/review of correspondence and high-quality presentations, that deal with complex or sensitive matters. Provide systematic and dependable follow up of issues and tasks and ensure they are handled in a timely fashion.
- Lead the organisation of key workshops, meetings, retreats, or other events as required, including taking minutes and preparing papers as required.
- Monitor and prioritise incoming correspondence and calls – exercising judgement and initiative to request, coordinate, manage, and action as appropriate.
- Prioritise issues for the Executive Director’s attention and provide briefing notes/reports to facilitate effective action.
- Manage sensitive information appropriately including personal or other sensitive information whether of CSIRO staff and affiliates, or members of the public.
- Provide efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the Executive Director and other key staff, including managing travel.
- As Office Manager, maintain accurate, accessible, and up-to-date office information systems and processes (Outlook, email folders, Outlook contacts, paper files, record keeping) for the effective operation of the Future Industries office.
- Proactively take steps to ensure the Future Industries office is an early adopter of new technologies and ways of working.
- Contribute to project initiatives within the Future Industries sector by conducting desktop research, meeting with internal staff to gather information, writing brief information reports, project scheduling and planning, assist in the development of project resources and collateral.
Location: Kensington, Perth
Salary: AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Significant experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to a senior manager or executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, collaboration software (Jira/Miro) and in using enterprise-wide business systems (eg. TRIM, SAP, online travelling booking systems) to manage workflow and on?line transactions.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise demands and escalate issues when required.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholder groups, and work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Experience in event planning and management is desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role. Please apply online at https://www.pagepersonnel.com.au/job-detail/executive-assistant-executive-director/ref/jn-092022-5765995
Open until filled, however please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
- WA - Kensington
- AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time