Group Work Health & Safety Manager (Relocation to Northern Territory) - [Archived Advertisement]
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Group Work Health & Safety Manager (Relocation to Northern Territory)
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia is a unique Australian travel company wholly owned by the Indigenous Land & Sea Corporation (ILSC) offering experience-based holidays in spectacular wilderness locations including Ayers Rock Resort in the iconic Red Centre, Home Valley Station in the Kimberley region of Western Australia and tourism facilities at Mossman Gorge in Tropical North Queensland.
With five individually branded hotel and apartment complexes across Ayers Rock Resort we offer both our guests and employees a multitude of world class accommodation options.
Voyages vision is to change lives through cultural tourism. We offer our visitors a genuine Indigenous experience while making a real difference, through building culturally respectful relationships and partnerships with communities in the NPY region and developing sustainable, meaningful employment for Indigenous Australians in tourism and hospitality.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Group Work Health & Safety Manager to collaboratively drive our strategy with the leadership team implementing, and monitoring effective Health and Safety systems, policies, training and practices that address organisation risks and Health and Safety compliance obligations. This role will be working across our three locations Ayers Rock Resort, Mossman Gorge Centre and Voyages Corporate Office.
This position is based at Ayers Rock Resort which is located in the Northern Territory. The resort has five individually branded hotel and apartment complexes across the resort we offer both our guests and employees a multitude of world class accommodation options. While living and working with in this iconic location your position will majority be resort based.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the implementation of Voyages Health and Safety Strategy and safety management plans
- Increase capability and confidence in business unit General Managers and their Senior Leadership teams
- Partner with business units in understanding and achieving their responsibilities for health, safety, Wellbeing, workers compensation and rehabilitation
- Continually seek out new and innovative ways of managing Voyages Health, Safety and Wellbeing programs
- Lead and manage the WHS team including employee development, cohesiveness and team performance
- To identify legislative and organisation WHS training requirements, including coordinating, delivering and tracking of training across the business
- Provide an internal consultancy/advisory service on all aspects of Health and Safety to the broader organisation.
- Maintain compliance with workers compensation, rehabilitation, health, safety and wellbeing regulations
- To develop professional customer relationships and ongoing provision of excellence in customer service (internal and external)
- To liaise with various departments and business units to achieve an organised and cohesive approach towards daily operations
- To create and maintain positive internal relations with all staff and management throughout Voyages business units supporting the business operations
As well as being a committed and innovative Workplace, Health & Safety professional, you must display the following essential criteria for your application to be considered.
- Relevant qualifications Post graduate or Bachelor degree in WHS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Health & Safety role
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, Codes of Practice, Regulations and Standards.
- Ability to lead and manage change in an environment of continuous improvement to ensure achievement of best practice.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data and develop appropriate safety management strategies and WHS reports.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and interpersonal skills including communication, consultation, negotiation and facilitation.
In return we offer you subsidised accommodation, resort discounts, meals on duty, uniform, relocation and vacation bonuses, and Accor Staff discount card. Training and study opportunities are available to further your career. Staff facilities including pool, gym, library and resident’s club are available to enjoy in your leisure time.
If you can see yourself in this role and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of Voyages, then please apply now.
A Criminal History Check is a mandatory step of the recruitment process.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- NT - Ayers Rock
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Safety and Wellbeing