Trainee (Organisational Development) and Trainee (Customer Service)
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- temporary full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- full payment of course fees
- location - Grafton
About the roles
We are looking for two enthusiastic and highly motivated trainees to join Clarence Valley Council. These positions are for a fixed term of two years in the Customer Service and Organisational Development Teams within the Corporate and Governance Directorate. Traineeships involve gaining a recognised qualification while you work and get invaluable on the job experience.
During your traineeship you will complete either a Certificate IV in Business Administration (Customer Service or Organisational Development) or Human Resources (Organisational Development).
- Ability to get in and have a go, be able to work in a team environment and take initiative to work as tasked
- Lots of energy and a positive attitude
- Be available full time Monday to Friday for flexible working hours to meet a work/life/study balance
- Understanding of Microsoft Office
- Be eligible for a government funded traineeship - be a new-entrant trainee
What's in it for you
- Learn and develop skills and capabilities
- Gaining valuable experience and make a difference working for Clarence Valley Council
- Opportunities to learn from experienced staff
- Kick start your career
- Gain specific insight on the Capability Framework - used by Local and NSW State Government
- Gaining on the job experience to complement your study
Both positions are based in the Grafton Office of Clarence Valley Council.
If you are interested in shaping your future, gaining skills and serving the residence of the Clarence Valley, apply now.
Download the position description for the Trainee (Customer Service) here and the Trainee (Organisational Development) here.
Alex Moar, Manager Organisational Development on (02) 6643 0832 or Lynette Burley, Team Leader Customer Service on (02) 6643 0257.
Monday, 17 August 2020 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
These positions are located at Council's Grafton office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
Candidates must be eligible for a government funded traineeship. Please ensure that the traineeship/apprenticeship eligibility form is completed or your application will not be considered. Please download the form here.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.