About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision to “inspire the world to experience the best address on earth”. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Destination Specialist coordinates destination business activity and assists to implement projects that deliver TEQ’s strategic direction in the areas of sales and marketing, events, and destination and experience development. The role is integral to TEQ’s relationships with key stakeholders within the destination.
- Develop relationships and liaise with key stakeholders
- Develop specialist knowledge of tourism projects and product via use of research and trends, and industry and TEQ intelligence
- Assist to implement strategic plans encompassing experience development, marketing and policy
- Assist to implement and monitor the Tourism Network Funding Program for relevant destinations
- Assist with event stakeholder engagement
- Work as part of a team to implement TEQ’s Destination Experience Development program
Skills and experience
- Experience in the tourism industry, preferably in a marketing or experience development role
- Ability to interpret research and strategic data, and formulate action plans from this analysis
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with and influence key stakeholders
This dynamic team works across all destinations to enhance the experience for all guests to Queensland.
This Destination Specialist role is aligned to the Southern Queensland destination portfolio which includes the Fraser Coast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Gold Coast and provides you with the opportunity to
- Build relationships with industry stakeholders
- Work on cross organisational projects
- Build your knowledge of the destinations and events within the tourism industry
- Enhance your project management skills
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please visit teq.queensland.com/careers. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 15 January 2019.