Business Partner, People and Culture - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Partner, People and Culture
Canteen is dedicated to supporting young people and their families affected by cancer. Founded by young cancer patients, our mission is to provide essential programs, services, and resources that positively impact the lives of 12-25 year-olds facing their own diagnosis, dealing with a close family member's cancer, or grieving the loss of a loved one. We believe in the transformative power of our team, and together, we aim to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve.
Canteen’s success is built on the capability and motivation of its people. We are now seeking a Business Partner, People & Culture to join our team. This newly created role is a critical member of P&C and will establish trusted and influential relationships with managers and team members at all levels, providing expert P&C consultation and advice.
The role has a senior P&C generalist focus, managing people-related activities across the team member life cycle, including onboarding and offboarding, manager capability uplift, managing performance management and other employment relations matters. This is an opportunity for an experienced HRBP to bring your know-how, energy and purpose, ensuring excellence for our people.
About our benefits
Canteen’s culture is unique, offering you an inspiring, rewarding and purposeful work experience with endless opportunities. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for insight into our employee experience.
- Base Salary + Superannuation + Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free).
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave as well as three days’ gifted Christmas leave
- Learning & Development opportunities.
About our role
- Provide efficient, effective and customer focused HR and Employee Relations advice
- Identify, consult, and recommend solutions on all people related matters
- Support the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on all employee relations matters including support for Industrial and Remuneration Frameworks and advice on their application and interpretation
- Implement the People and Culture Annual Operational plan in consultation with Senior Leadership Team and State Managers
- Manage the effectiveness of the Human Resource Information Systems and assist with systems and process transformation
- Ensure HR policies, procedures and practices are up to date and compliant with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Manage the contracting process, including employment agreements, individual flexibility agreements, employment variations, remuneration and other related employment terms and conditions.
- Develop P&C data and analytic dashboard reporting to support decision making
- Complete annual WGEA Reporting and participation in Aon Hewitt salary surveys
- Manage daily responsibilities of the People & Culture team
- Qualifications in Human Resources: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications
- Experience working in a Not-for-Profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience in generalist HR roles (minimum 8 years HR experience)
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining highly effective stakeholder relationships, and a reputation for being a trusted advisor and business partner
- Proven ability to interpret and apply a range of industrial agreements
- Experience in managing complex employee relations matters, including complaint
- NSW - Newtown
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture