Our mission is to feed families globally, through premium quality products, exceptional service and sustainable practices.
About Thomas Foods International
Family owned since 1988, Thomas Foods International (TFI) is one of Australia's largest food businesses. With teams across Australia, the US, China, Japan and Europe, the Thomas Foods brands and business partnerships grow, supply, and distribute premium meat and seafood all over the world.
Development and construction is well underway for our exciting, multi-million dollar project that will see a state-of-the-art beef and smallstock processing facility constructed in Murray Bridge. Upon completion, the plant will employ more than 2000 employees, making this opportunity one rare to South Australia in its scope.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Human Resources professional with a passion for process implementation for this exciting permanent, full-time opportunity. This role will be pivotal in cultivating and leading by example a stellar, safe and balanced culture.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the delivery of HR strategy, programs, plans, policies and initiatives, in the form of strategic direction and operational support to deliver best practice solutions. The position provides a comprehensive business partnership to the management team and the greater workforce to inform strategy, provide advice, support and assistance across the full range of HR functions including: workforce planning, recruitment & selection, labour hire, industrial relations, employee relations, migration, union relationships, EA requirements, managing for improved performance, employee discipline, staff training and development, and organisational change.
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability to manage and deliver a diverse range of HRM functions in a dynamic working environment;
- Proven ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships, and to interact with others in a positive and constructive manner at all times;
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary HRM practices & Federal and State employment-related legislation;
- High level of computer literacy / IT skills including HRIS software;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- Tertiary qualifications in HRM, psychology or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Not essential, but it would be fantastic if you had:
- Workforce planning skills;
- Vast experience with Enterprise Agreements;
- Change management and/or project management skills;
- Knowledge of the meat or food processing industry;
- Sound migration skills.
You will have the opportunity to make a true impact in a global business in a greenfield, state-of-the-art facility, rewarded with an attractive salary, and belong to a team who cares about its people.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.