- Challenging and rewarding career in a leading disability services provider
- Permanent Full Time
- Mosman Park Location
Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services, offering choice and independence to thousands of children and adults living with disability in Western Australia.
We have grown over the past 12 months and now seeking a reliable Health and Safety Manager to ensure everyone in the workplace complies with health and safety legislation.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will have responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the Health and Safety framework, as well as collating and reviewing H&S related risk exposures. This position will also seek to add value in line with current and future business objectives, with focus on building and maintaining cross-functional relationships within the business to promote a safety culture across Rocky Bay.
- Review, develop, implement and monitor Rocky Bay’s health and safety management system and compliance with external audits.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legislation.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Assist the development and implementation of the health and safety strategy, policies and procedures.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor, inspect and investigate the workplace and it’s operations and identify and rectify any potential unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and manage worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience as a Senior Health and Safety professional
- An industry recognised qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Deep understanding of health and safety guidelines
- Ability to analyse trends, produce reports and develop relevant policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- National Police Clearance (not older than 3 months)
- Current WA driver’s licence
The following criteria would be highly advantageous:
- Knowledge of disability services sector
- Experience within the community services sector
In return, Rocky Bay offers:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Free on-site car parking
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply.
We will commence the recruitment process immediately. Please note that all prequalification questions must be answered for your application to be considered.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click the "Apply for Job" button, and submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications to the role.
For confidential enquiry, please contact Allison Adams, Director Human Resources on (08) 9383 5172.
Closing date: 4pm 19 January 2018
We respectfully request no contact from the recruitment agencies.