Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s (MTM’s) project team who are involved in multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects? Can you bring your wealth of Change Management experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
About the Project
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance, and the Tunnels and Stations (T&S) Public Private Partnership. This role is within the: Operations & Maintenance Program level team.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the organisational change activities to effectively integrate the changes introduced by the Metro Tunnel’s Tunnels & Stations Package, into Metro’s network.
Other core responsibilities of the role will include –
- Develop & execute the change management strategies for O&M Tunnel & Stations changes
- Ensure the devised change management strategy is consistent with Metro’s obligations under the Franchisee Cooperation Agreement and Franchise Agreement Train, and provides structured support to guide the development of Service Delivery Phase documents to meet stakeholder needs
- Liaise with other Change Managers from Alliances and contribute to a line based change strategy
- Manage business improvement change communications and implement change management plans
- Review and assessment of each stakeholder's position in relation to the project, and track stakeholder management activities and issues, resolve wherever necessary
- Ensure approval of the change strategy and approach for change is obtained from relevant Managers, Sponsors, and Delivery Managers
- Support Managers in re-alignment of a portion of existing responsibilities where tasks are shortened or replaced by the nature of transformation projects.
- Identify major impacted positions and manage the change impacts whilst managing Cultural and Behavioural Change issues
- Develop and measure the effectiveness of the change techniques being applied
- Comply with risk provisions of the Rail Safety National Law, Occupational Health and Safety Act (Vic) and risk assessment received from the safety regulators
The successful candidate will be responsible for the engagement to Metro stakeholders to support the required change activities. Additionally, the introduction of standardised change processes across the impacted stakeholders including the use of proven methodologies, proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills is a key responsibility of this role.
About your experience:
To be successful you will be required to demonstrate the following experience and capability:
- Change Management qualifications and/or certification/accreditation is preferable
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Public Relations, Professional Writing or Business and Technology is required
- Demonstrated 10+ years’ experience in Change management roles
- Demonstrated experience in internal, third-party and government negotiations, especially in managing industrial relations will see you succeed in the role
- Experience applying the PROCI ADKAR model and the certification is highly desirable
About the opportunity:
This is a permanent full time opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. You will have the opportunity to influence the future of the railway, to gain expertise across the entirety of the project, and become a transversal subject matter expert for the project.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close COB Friday 7th August 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.