Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
As the Level Crossing Removal Project continues to deliver a safer and more efficient train network, the Metro team involved in this large-scale project is expanding to respond to current and future works. The experience gained in this exciting, multi-disciplinary environment will be valuable to building your career in rail construction.
The Western Program Alliance is currently seeking a Human Factors Advisor to join our Levels Crossing team.
The Human Factors Advisor collaborates with the level crossing removal design team, Metro and other stakeholders to integrate end user human factors considerations in the design of rail systems and facilities, stations, car parks, and landscaped public spaces. For both the temporary construction phase, and for the final delivered facilities, your role will identify and evaluate the human factors risks and issues for end user groups that include Metro’s train drivers, operations and maintenance staff, passengers and other general public user groups.
You will liaise with end user representatives and engineering and operational subject matter experts and ensure appropriate human factors analysis is undertaken as required to support the project team to develop project solutions that mitigate safety risk arising from human factors and deliver optimal outcomes for end users.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide assurance of human factors integration and HFI deliverables at Project level in accordance with Metro’s HF Integration procedure and Management of Change process, on behalf of Metro in support of the Projects & Planning team.
- Provide technical advice to nominated projects on HFI and the application of HF principles
- Set requirements for human factors integration into nominated projects and monitor compliance
- Direct and conduct human factors analysis at Project level, including task analysis, assessment of training needs, procedure development and human error analysis.
- Review and verify human factors reports / assessments, including those that identify safety concerns.
- Undertake HF awareness-raising activities with internal and external Project teams and stakeholders as needed to support early and effective HFI
- Tertiary qualification in a Human Factors-oriented discipline
- Membership of a professional safety institution or relevant recognised body is desirable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human factors application within a safety-related environment.
- Experience of HF integration into projects is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- Ability to identify and analyse risks, and make corrective actions
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Friday 9th of October to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.