Head of Safety and Wellbeing - [Archived Advertisement]
Head of Safety and Wellbeing
RACQ exists to make a positive difference to the lives of our 1.6 million members now and into the future. We embrace the value of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our employees help us innovate, make better business decisions and better serve our members. We live by our values of generosity of spirit, being of service, inspiring trust and dedication to excellence and have a real sense of pride in what we do.
Join us during an exciting time of growth. Our vision to create a new force in banking for Queenslanders has further broadened our range of products and services which includes roadside assistance, insurance, travel and lifestyle.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer and General Counsel, the Head of Safety and Wellbeing is responsible for working collaboratively with the business to drive and promote health and safety outcomes across the RACQ Group, and to develop and maintain a safety management system that ensures legislative compliance and management of health and safety risks.
- Drive positive safety behaviours and a culture of positive and active involvement in health and safety outcomes.
- Assist managers to develop and implement effective strategies, plans and control measures for the management of health and safety risks.
- Promote and effective health and safety culture and strong level of safety awareness and commitment throughout the RACQ Group.
- Develop and promote Wellbeing initiatives across the organisation.
- Research and present proposals for contemporary and innovative safety practices and manage implementation of approved functions.
- Manage the workers compensation and injury management function.
- Undertaking safety assurance activities over key risks.
- Lead the Safety and Wellbeing team.
Skills & Experience
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- A relevant qualification from a recognised tertiary institute, preferably an Occupational Health and Safety degree or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing best practice health and safety management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to record, review, investigate and provide appropriate action for work incidents and hazards.
- Understanding the workers compensation policy and premium calculation principles.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Experienced in identifying and managing issues associated with a diverse range of business activities
- Experience in implementing behavioural safety program and cultural change programs would be highly regarded.
- Work for an organisation that is always striving to do better, and be better.
- Be part of a diverse team with a learning culture.
- Great work-life balance and employee benefits including on campus well-being programs.
- A wide variety of staff discounts.
- On-site parking, convenient to major routes.
How to Apply
Apply directly online and attach your resume and cover letter. Please note, we do not accept third party or emailed applications.
Applications close Monday 26th February 2018
If you have any enquiries not addressed in this advertisement, please email email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Feb 2018
- QLD - Eight Mile Plains
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Safety and Wellbeing