Full Time - temporary up to six months; with possibility of extension after the 6 months
SNSW Grade 7/8
About Service NSW
Service NSW is making it easier for people and businesses across NSW to access government services. Since launching in July 2013, we have successfully transformed and streamlined NSW Government service delivery with cutting edge digital solutions and an award-winning culture of passion and teamwork.
Our customer-centric solution offers simpler and faster access to government transactions through our digital channels, a 24/7 phone service and an expanding network of Service Centres.
We currently partner with more than 50 agencies to offer in excess of 1,000 NSW Government transactions including driver licences, vehicle registration renewals, applications for birth certificates, Senior Cards, Housing NSW payments, fines, contractor licences and many more.
About the role
As the Knowledge Management Officer you will coordinate the development of high-quality content to deliver a knowledge management framework and ensure that front-line staff can access accurate and relevant information in a timely manner in their day-to-day registration and case management activities.
SNSW Grade 7/8 - The package includes the base salary range of ($92,788 to $109,396), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
To be successful you will be able to
- Coordinate the capturing, authoring, refining and publishing of knowledge items to ensure content is current, fit-for-purpose, accessible and relevant, and meets policy and legislative compliance requirements
- Work collaboratively with team leaders and front-line staff to develop and promote accurate easy-to-use high-quality knowledge content and to support the development of a supportive and collaborative knowledge sharing culture
- Facilitate compliance reviews and audits to maintain and improve quality of knowledge content and drive improvements to areas where understanding rates are low or where no information exists
- Contribute to the development of system functionality and enhancements to systems and ensure that search and retrieval processes are effective to ensure continuous improvement and optimal service delivery
- Develop, manage, measure and report on knowledge management metrics to determine value and contribution to efficiency and the effectiveness of case management and support decision making
- Develop materials to support team leaders in providing technical training to front-line teams and implement measures to evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives and identify training gaps
- Provide guidance to front-line teams in accessing and using knowledge articles to build capability across the business unit to effectively resolve customer matters
- Review and interrogate existing knowledge content to identify issues, risks and opportunities to implement specific knowledge management initiatives
Please note that employment at Service NSW is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
Click Here to access the Role Description.
Applications Close: 24th September @ 9:59am
When applying you need to:
Provide a covering letter and resume (Resume not exceeding 5 pages) that details your experience and how you meet the capabilities of the role.
Want to know more?
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Sirena Larsson via email at Sirena.Larsson@service.nsw.gov.au
For more information about the Service NSW recruitment process, please contact Bryan Kreltszheim at Bryan.Kreltszheim@customerservice.nsw.gov.au
Part of the assessment process includes additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013. A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
Service NSW is passionate about building a culture that values and supports diversity and inclusion. Service NSW encourages applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you are a person with disability and need adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment team via email on CSrecruitment@customerservice.nsw.gov.au.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.