The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As our People Risk Manager you will be responsible for providing expert advice and counsel on key People Risk matters (current and emerging) and provide valuable input on management strategies.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Responsible for aligning the design and implementation of the People Risk Governance framework (local and international) and governance strategy to The Star Entertainment Group’s risk framework
- Work with the People and Performance (P&P) team to strengthen people risk management practices
- Be an active part of our Projects team to ensure expert advice is delivered, risk mitigation steps are effectively documented, and activity timelines are met
- Liaise with our internal Legal, Risk and Audit teams to ensure a consolidated approach to risk management
- Keeping up to date with local and global regulatory change within the people space to ensure process impacts are proactively managed and implemented across the business.
- Develop an internal risk matrix and escalation pathway for P&P that is aligned and used across the business
- Work with the P&P senior leaders to monitor and evolve the risk register, to capture risk incidents for purposes of and activities that may give rise to risk in the future
- Ensure application of and compliance with high risk internal policies, procedures and adherence to relevant awards and enterprise agreements that relates to payroll and other regulatory requirements such as the Fair Work Act
- Maintain stakeholder relationships with key internal and external risk partners and project leaders
- Perform ongoing audits of high risk business practices to identify areas of risk or opportunity to enhance existing controls, promote efficiencies and eliminate unnecessary processes (reduce bureaucracy)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous 3+ years’ experience in People Risk Management or another related People or Risk role
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Proven ability in developing risk management strategies for the business to drive compliance and strengthen existing processes and controls
- Proven ability to identify areas of risk and process improvements to build on risk, control frameworks, systems, and regulatory environment
- Strong relationship building and relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving and fast paced environment
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
If you've got the drive to inspire change, grow with our business and the desire to achieve great things, come and play with us at The Star. Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.