Who we are:
Schindler Lifts Australia is part of the Schindler Group, one of the top elevator companies in the world, spanning 100 countries with more than 60,000 employees worldwide. We are one of the largest suppliers of new elevators, escalators and moving walkways in Australia today, employing over 1,000 employees who design install, service and modernise urban transport systems for almost every building type. At Schindler, we differentiate ourselves with our modern technology and innovative people. About the role:
We have an opportunity for an experienced EHS Manager to join our NSW branch, reporting to our Regional General Manager. This role is responsible for ensuring that the company's EHS management systems are understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the branch. The successful candidate will work close with the Regional Operations Managers and National Safety team to ensure all safety relevant processes and procedures are implemented as per corporate and local requirements. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, responsive and customer focussed who wants to work responding to business needs and acting as a strategic partner to the NSW branch management team. Key accountabilities for this role:
What we are looking for:
- Drive and promote safe behaviour in accordance with the Schindler EHS Management Systems and implement the safety strategy plan across the NSW branch
- Ensure 100% compliance to safety procedures and audit the NSW branch to identify gaps and close out non-conformances
- Manage and execute training needs analysis and training for NSW branch, including conducting internal training or organising external training
- Conduct safety walks, observe the observer and toolbox talks & ensure follow up actions are completed
- Follow up on all incident reports to closure and undertake investigations when required
- Assist with the development of site specific Safety Plan & Safe Work Method Statements
- Manage the Return to Work process for NSW branch and ensure best outcomes for all parties
To be considered for this role you will have at least strong experience in an EHS Management role in any of the following industries - lift, construction, facilities management, manufacturing, mining or industrial; with proven experience in engaging and influencing stakeholders on EHS matters together with:
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S or similar discipline
- General Construction Induction Certification (White card)
- Demonstrated experience working directly on EHS matters with operations in construction, manufacturing or related industries
- Demonstrated experience developing EHS strategy, plans, initiatives and systems and implementing in business
- Experience in developing and providing EHS training as well as coaching and mentoring teams
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Australian EHS laws and regulations
- Strong communication and time management skills
Accreditation as a Safety Auditor or Return to Work coordinator is preferred but not essential. What's in it for you?
This role is an excellent opportunity for you to expand your existing skills in a large, global organisation. At Schindler, we have a great culture that is supportive and inclusive. There is potential for real growth both personally and professionally in this role where you will get the opportunity to work with a great bunch of people and be supported in your development. Package includes a great annual salary, competitive bonus program, opportunity to access educational support, access to staff discount scheme, a wide variety of social activities - even a day off for your birthday. How to apply:
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a Global Industry Leader and believe that you possess the required skills and qualifications to succeed in this role, please visit our Career site - https://app.revelian.com/schindlercareers/; click on the "Apply
" button and complete our online application form.
If you are an existing Schindler employee, please ensure you have discussed your application with your line manager prior to applying. We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces; women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background or a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agents for any position, this includes those that are submitted directly to the company or where the recruiter has contacted a manager.