$77,352 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary 12 month maximum term contract
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The People and Culture Support Services Officer is part of the People and Culture Operations team, which consists of three areas: Support Services, Enabling Services (data and systems), and Payroll Services.
There are currently eleven employees in the Operations team, including the Operations Manager. At a high level, the People and Culture Operations team are responsible for the delivery of transactional and administrative services across recruitment, offer management, temporary transfers, on-boarding and learning and development.
There are also specialised services which would include information management, system administration, end-to-end Payroll, and project delivery. There is also the ongoing centralisation of Support Services through the implementation of a Service Delivery Model.
This fun and fast paced opportunity is the first point of contact to the People and Culture Branch within the City of Melbourne and will provide a "tier one" level of general employee advice, guidance and support in relation to all employee and candidate queries.
You will be placed in a rotational roster processing transactional services including job posting, recruitment compliance checks, offer management, on-boarding, induction and other learning co-ordination, processing system updates, telephone and email support.
No day is the same hence your success will be based on your strong background of communication within a small team environment.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Experience working in a support role in recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, and learning and development systems and processes, including a comprehensive understanding of HRIS environments
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume shared services/centralised operations support environment
- Commitment to and proven ability to recommend and implement service improvements
- Ability to work as part of a team, to multiple and demanding time-lines
- Experience in documenting and implementing procedures which adhere to legal and best practice requirements
- Well-developed PC skills, including MSWord and Excel
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including confidentiality and the ability to gain the cooperation of others
- Understanding of the Privacy Act
- A sound level of Employment Agreement/Modern award understanding
- A suitable qualification in a discipline relevant to Human Resources (desirable).
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach your cover letter responding to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Lee Bethune, Acting Operations Manager
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.