A true business partnering opportunity that will see you design, customise and implement initiatives to support two highly ambitious and challenging client groups. Action-oriented with an ability to drive strategy you understand the day-to-day operational and can influence fast-paced thinking to assist your client groups to achieve their vision. Working autonomously to support the organisation to deliver better outcomes for children, you will develop the role to meet your and your client’s needs.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict - we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this part-time role, working 3 or 4 days per week, you will be a key business partner providing accurate and efficient generalist support, consulting advice and coaching to your client groups in all aspects of human resource management. Based in Carlton, reporting to the Director of People & Culture, you will part of an inspirational and fast-paced People and Culture Leadership Team to assist in delivering the people strategy across the organisation.
You will make an impact by:
- Leading human resource management activities across your client group
- Building capacity and capability within your leadership team
- Facilitating talent calibration across your client group
- Developing and analysing reports and dashboards to identify issues and trends
- Blending transactional, operational and strategic human resource activities
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You are action oriented and have a dual approach to your work style. Able to flex between strategy and day-to-day operations you will take ownership of the role and shape it to meet the needs of your client groups and the organisation’s strategy. An influencing and direct leadership style, you can adapt to any given situation or stakeholder to participate effectively in sensitive, complex and / or high-impact relationships.
This role requires:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management and / or Business
- Notable HR Business Partner experience, preferably with multiple client groups
- Demonstrable generalist HR foundation and experience
- Coaching and leadership experience
- Success in effective change management
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. We offer:
- Full salary sacrificing benefits
- Agile work environment incl. working from home
- Additional leave options
- Support for ongoing professional development
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section below.
We know diversity makes a positive difference and we encourage people from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close 5:00pm Monday 5 June 2017.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.