Safety, Health and Wellbeing Officer Clerk Grade 5/6 - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety, Health and Wellbeing Officer Clerk Grade 5/6
Safety, Health & Wellbeing Officer Clerk Grade 5/6, Wollongong, NSW State Emergency Service
- Work in a volunteer-based agency supporting communities of NSW
- Full-Time role based in Wollongong
- Join a high performing team
About the Opportunity
The role of the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Officer is to maintain the NSW SES safety management system, implement strategies, policies and operating procedures that support prevention of incidents in accordance with relevant legislation
About the NSW SES
Our Mission: NSW SES saving lives and protecting communities.
Our Vision: Be the best volunteer emergency service agency in Australia.
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) is an emergency and rescue service made up almost entirely of volunteers and supported by a small staff contingent. NSW SES is a key influencer of other emergency service agencies and works closely with these partners to modernise and grow volunteering to save lives and protect communities
While major responsibilities are for flood, storm operations and tsunamis, the NSW SES also provides the majority of general rescue effort in the rural parts of the state. This includes road accident rescue, vertical rescue, bush search and rescue, evidence searches (both metropolitan and rural), other forms of specialist rescue that may be required due to local threats, Urban Search and Rescue and Community First Response.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have experience in maintaining safety management system and implement strategies, policies and procedures to create and establish the NSW SES as a safe workplace, compliant with legislative requirements
- have strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to provide timely and accurate analysis of performance data to enable monitoring and continuous improvement of WHS programs and initiatives
- have the ability to develop safety strategies and instruments, conduct audits of the WHS management system, review results and identify and resolve non-compliance issues, including the development of relevant guidance material
How to apply
Your application should include:
- A cover letter (maximum of one page) responding to the essential requirements and your interest in the role;
- Responses to each of the targeted questions (maximum of one page per answer); and
- An up-to-date resume of no more than four pages detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role
Please note: previous applicants need not apply
- Provide an example of when you had to work independently in the face of competing WHS priorities and tight timeframes
- Please provide an example of when you had to work collaboratively with a diverse/difficult group of stakeholders, including persons involved in a significant incident. What were the challenges you faced and what was the outcome?
Find out more
To view the role description, click here
A Recruitment Pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if and as they arise.
Applications close: Friday 29th January 2021
The NSW State Emergency Service is a proud employer of a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and flexible workplace. People with disability are supported to access adjustments in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job. As supporters of flexible working, we welcome discussions about how our roles can be undertaken flexibly.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jan 2021
- NSW - Wollongong
- Total Remuneration Package: $104,561
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing