Work Type: Full-Time
Hours: 38 hours/week
Location: Alstonville, NSW
House with No Steps (HWNS), one of Australia's leading disability service providers, is seeking to appoint a full-time Senior HR Advisor to support services in New England, North West NSW and Far North NSW. The exciting new opportunity will involve providing expertise in a range of HR services to managers, staff, and employees across the region.
If you're a highly motivated, experienced HR professional with self-direction, initiative, and a reputation for integrity, HWNS has the ideal role for you. We are seeking professional candidates with outstanding communication skills, who are ethically aligned to the vision, purpose, and values of our organisation.
We are seeking someone who is a tertiary qualified professional with 4 years generalist HR experience including: IR/ER, workers compensation and knowledge of relevant legislation and Modern Awards, grievance handling, internal investigation processes and performance and disciplinary management processes. Experience in a not for profit or community organisation will be highly regarded.
This role provides an opportunity for you to expand your horizons as:
- A partner for line and middle managers; providing accurate HR advice and assistance.
- A positive relationship builder; communicating with key stakeholders within the organisation.
- A key driver in the effective return to work of injured employees.
- A problem solver who can resolve, mediate and manage the resolution of day to day people issues whilst regarding the individual.
- An innovative and experienced HR practitioner with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate will also be motivated to exceed quality work standards and customer service satisfaction levels. If appointed, you'll be working in an inclusive, flexible team, with a fantastic culture.
To be considered for this role, applicants are asked to address the below selection criteria in their application.
- At least four (4) years' extensive generalist HR experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in HR Management;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and be proactive;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage and influence professional relationships;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for the purposes of report and policy writing;
- Computer literacy, including competency in the MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPoint);
- Commitment to the mission, purpose, and values of HWNS.
- Current Drivers Licence and the ability to travel to different office locations when required.
- Current Return to Work Coordinator Certification.
- Previous experience working in the community services sector.
- Recent training delivery experience.
If you are passionate about supporting people with disabilities to be active, inclusive participants in their communities and would like to work in a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you.
We offer career development opportunities, access to comprehensive competency based staff training, salary packaging options and access to employee benefits programs (incl. gym membership, health fund, pharmacy discounts) and a family friendly work place.
How to Apply:
Please apply via our website http://careers.hwns.com.au and include acovering letter addressing the above selection criteria and a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
Applications Close: Fri 23 Feb 2018
Position Description: Snr HR Advisor
Further enquiries please contact.
Name: Kylie Francis
Phone: 02 4941 8105
House with No Steps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. Including; people with disability, young and mature age candidates, Aboriginal people, and applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply.
Successful applications will be subjected to Pre-Employment and Criminal History Checks.