Health and Safety Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health and Safety Manager
- Opportunity to help reinvigorate Health and Safety at Port of Brisbane
- Be supported by our transparent executive leadership team
- Continue to develop your career with an organisation that is vital for Queensland’s economic development and community services.
- Competitive Remuneration, onsite gym , free parking & genuine flexibility – Talk to us about what works for you
An important job, a powerful purpose.
Join us in the Health and Safety Manager role supporting the Head of Health and Safety to nurture a behavioural based safety culture through the development and implementation of best practice health and safety management systems, supported by the introduction of a new digital system.
This is a hands-on individual contributor specialist technical Health and Safety role within a small Health and Safety team.
Passionate, skilled and great with people: here’s who we’re looking for.
- Tertiary qualified Health and Safety specialist (Degree, Grad Dip. or higher) having gained strong experience in:
- Behaviour based safety, and
- Critical risk management (fatality prevention programs)
- Experience in leading continuous improvement of Health and Safety management systems.
- Experience designing and implementing Health and Safety digital systems, including processes and workflows.
- Experience peer reviewing incident investigations and giving technical guidance on best practice root cause analysis and report writing.
- Experience in development and delivery of Health and Safety training programs.
- High level technical writing and written documentation skills combined with exceptional influencing, coaching and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to simplify Health and Safety processes while retaining risk management effectiveness.
You would ideally also have:
- Investigation qualification -ICAM - Kelvin Topset, Taproot etc
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Lead auditor qualification (ISO 9001, ISO 45001)
- High level data analytics experience
- Experience working within the progressive Health and Safety cultures of Tier 1 or major Tier 2 organisations
This bit matters!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we’re proud of our diverse work environment. We actively encourage diversity and strive to have a workforce that is inclusive and representative of our community.
Five reasons why we hope you’ll apply.
You’ll enjoy some great benefits at Port of Brisbane but joining us in this role should mean so much more.
A diverse role where every day’s different
As a Health and Safety Manager Systems and Performance, you’ll get interesting, unique work, as you engage with a diverse range of stakeholders. What’s more, you’ll love the opportunity to see the projects you work on delivered within the Health and Safety strategic plan.
An important job, a powerful purpose
What we do at Port of Brisbane affects all Queenslanders and many who visit our proud state. So, it’s vital that we get the right person to join this team as we continue to finetune and refine our technology requirements to deliver on our purpose!
A place where flexibility matters too
We expect a lot from our people, who are committed and dedicated to our mission and we enjoy spending time with our people in the office. But in return for your efforts, you’ll enjoy flexibility and balance, no matter what’s important to you outside of work. Talk to us about a 9-day fortnight, working from home, staggered start and finish times or other arrangements that would support balance.
A welcoming, supportive culture
You’ll find so many friendly, connected people at Port of Brisbane, and our Health and Safety team are no exception. We get on well and love to collaborate, with our focus always on our people and our customers. And there’s always a helping hand, a coffee or a ‘You’ve got this’ when you need one.
A proud reputation: a bright future
You’ll join a company committed to building best practice in our industry, and a team that is proud of what we’ve delivered historically. But we’re not sitting still. Bring your fresh perspectives and expertise to a team that truly values them.
Ready for the best career you never imagined? Apply today!
If you’re interested in the role and think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please include:
- Your CV
- A brief cover letter telling us how your experience makes you the ideal candidate for this role. Maybe tell us about some work highlights you’re proud of.
You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. You’ll also be required to complete pre-employment checks, including a national police check.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Sep 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing