With more than 260 stores and employing over 44,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
We currently have an opportunity for an analytically minded individual to join our Digital team as a Customer Insights Analyst. Reporting in to the Customer Analytics Manager, this role will see you assisting in the discovery, development and distribution of meaningful tactical and strategic insights for marketing and the wider Kmart business.
Customer Focus with a flair for detailed story telling through strong insights drawn from data interpretation and pre-empting business needs. An ability to drive business insights and recommendations based on data analysis using data warehouses and digital measurement tools. Expertise to keep up with the ever changing world of Google Analytics.
We are looking for a highly technical, passionate, self-motivated, and talented Customer Insights Analyst who loves solving tough and challenging problems.
Specifically, this role will see you fulfilling:
- Discovery and dissemination of customer insights through in-depth data analysis to guide strategic and tactical initiatives
- Devise, create, and publish focused reports including inputs to Board reports and leadership team
- Develop and maintain data assets that enable insights generation using customer and transaction data
- Analytics support to the wider marketing team in strategic & tactical campaign planning and measurement
- Research to understand stakeholders' analytics and data needs
- Timely and accurate creation of strategic recommendations that will shape future marketing activities with the confidence to present and discuss
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- At least 5 years of experience as a Customer Analytics Specialist/ Senior Analyst with an emphasis on proactive, insights driven, analysis of transaction, basket, and customer data.
- Strong focus in ability in translating data manipulation stories from data
- Analytics Competency–high level of competency in SQL (Snowflake), Google Analytics, advanced Excel. This will include Dashboarding & Visualization
- Data Analysis and modelling–programming/modelling skills in SQL, R and/or Python and experience in analysis/modelling methods. 5 years hands on experience with SQL and ability to wrangle structured and unstructured data
- Business Acumen–knowledge of key and contributing metrics used to assess and derive insights from customer and transaction data
- Proven ability to drive business insights and recommendations based on data driven analysis using data warehouses and digital measurement tools
If you are, you will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target, and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.