With more than 300 stores and employing over 44,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
We are now seeking an experienced People & Capability advisor to join our newly established Advisory Centre team at Mulgrave. As the Senior P&C Advisor you will provide effective HR advice and support to Kmart people leaders and team members on general HR, policy and procedure advice, award advice and interpretation across our store and distribution centre network in Australia and New Zealand as well as our Corporate office. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- This role is telephony and email based when liaising with all relevant stakeholders
- Proven experience in providing HR Advisory and case management support and guidance on HR related matters from the beginning through to resolution stage
- Significant experience in a HR generalist role - with ER/IR exposure across Australia and New Zealand
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building, influencing, coaching, decision making and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Navigate through a variety of P&C industrial instruments to confidently make decisions, and provide case resolutions for customers
- Coach and support Advisory centre team members on complex issues
- Participates in P&C projects and tasks
To be successful in this role, an extensive range of people skills and HR knowledge is required. Most importantly and the key to your success will be your ability to develop trusting partnerships with key stakeholders across Australia and New Zealand whilst managing a high-volume case load.
Experience and skills that are desirable:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Builds knowledge about the available P&C self - service information and channels
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Pragmatic approach and the ability to problem solve and navigate through the grey to achieve solid decision making
- Coach people managers and team members to enhance their ability to interpret P&C industrial instruments and P&C policies and processes
- Communicates remotely with customers and stakeholders across different states/countries
- 7+ years’ experience in a HR Generalist role (HR Degree – desirable)
- Qualifications in Human Resources, although highly valued, are not essential as real-life experience in similar roles is also highly valued.
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.