Director – Human Resources - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director – Human Resources
The ABS is recruiting HR professionals for four ongoing Director roles at the Executive Level 2 classification level. Positions are located in Belconnen (Canberra), Sydney, Docklands (Melbourne), Brisbane, Hobart and Adelaide.
We are seeking people who possess strong leadership ability and are experienced people managers with HR experience to lead the provision of high level advice and the effective and efficient delivery of HR services across the following roles:
- People Development (Learning and Development)
- People Strategies (includes medium to long term workforce planning)
- Workforce Management (includes operational workforce planning and HR Metrics)
- National Recruitment (includes talent sourcing and onboarding)
Successful candidates will possess sound technical HR knowledge including a well-developed understanding of the legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin the deliverables for which they are accountable and responsible. You will need to demonstrate excellent judgement, stakeholder management skills, and provide strategic and operational advice to the Corporate Services Division Executive Leadership group, Senior Executive Service cohort and senior managers.
In addition, to meeting the Integrated Leadership Executive Level 2 work level standards, primary accountabilities will include:
- providing operational and strategic advice to Corporate Services Division Executive and senior management on people related matters
- leading teams in the implementation of HR related policies, business improvements and initiatives to achieve ABS objectives
- leading, managing, monitoring, reviewing team priorities and evaluating team and individual performance, providing regular constructive feedback, technical training and guidance, and mentoring team members to achieve their full potential
- building relationships and working collaboratively with our business partners, to develop customer focused solutions
- exercising HR and financial delegations using sound judgement, expertise, and knowledge by drawing on relevant legislation, regulations, best practice and understanding of the agency and wider APS
- providing day to day support as required to the Program (Branch) Manager, to deliver strategic and operational objectives.
Your qualities, skills and experience
The successful candidates will be a strong leader and people manager with demonstrated experience in creating and managing professional HR capability, growing HR capacity of teams/organisation and is customer and solutions focused.
To be suitable you will need to demonstrate that you have the most or all the following skills, qualities, and experience:
- strong stakeholder engagement skills
- clear communication and presentation skills
- well-developed planning and project management skills, including the ability to set team priorities and deliver quality and timely advice and services
- a focus on innovation and business improvement
- the ability to identify, engage and respond to risk
Highly desirable – relevant academic qualification in Human Resources.
How to apply
You will need to indicate your role preference(s), upload your current resume, provide referee details, and respond to the following in no more than 1000 words:
Referring to the qualities, skills and experiences listed above, tell us why you are the ideal person for this role and the ABS. Please include specific examples and achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform the role(s).
Applications close at 11:30 p.m. AEDT on Thursday 13 October 2022
- Closing Date:
- 13 Oct 2022
- QLD - Brisbane
- $132,031 - $152,628 (plus 15.4% super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Learning & Development
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2