Team Leader – Workplace Relations - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Federal Police (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader – Workplace Relations
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
The AFP’s People and Culture Command is currently seeking motivated and capable HR leaders to join a high-performing, passionate team specialising in Workplace Relations.
The team provides expert support to the organisation whilst building and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The team creates and maintains responsive and forward-looking human resource policies, strategies and systems in support of AFP business needs, both now and into the future.
There are three key areas within the Workplace Relations team, including Industrial Relations, Executive Support and Performance Management. This role may be required to lead any one of those teams. Workplace Relations is responsible for assisting AFP business through the management of the employment framework, performance case management and HR support to the AFP’s Executive staff.
In the next 12 months there are a number of exciting opportunities within the team. There will be a focus on lifting the performance management capability and focusing on a positive performance culture across the organisation. In addition, the AFP will soon be looking to this team for support in creating a new Enterprise Agreement that will best serve the future AFP; a high performing and modern police force that operates in a complex environment. This will be an opportunity to put forward innovative solutions, to test strategies and tactics and to refine your negotiation and consultation skills.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Relevant work experience in human resources, legislative, industrial and/or policy environment/s.
- Experience in a leadership role.
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as: human resources, industrial relations, and/or law/employment law. This includes progress towards a relevant qualification.
- Experience with bargaining an Enterprise Agreement is highly desirable if you are interested in being considered for the Industrial Relations role.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEST) on 6 October 2021.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- Band 07, $105,974.00 - $113,500.00
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture