Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Bindaree Beef (View other jobs from this organisation)
Bindaree Beef has been committed to providing customers with a superior product for over 20 years. The Company has grown from a small family business into one of Australia’s largest meat processors and a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry. Bindaree Beef continues to be a business built on reputation for product quality and business integrity.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Safety Officers interested in joining a well-respected organisation that values your safety above all.
About the position
In this role you will report to the Work Health and Safety Manager and will be the “go to” person for WHS and be involved in providing effective, efficient and best practice work health and safety services to the Operations Management Team and employees.
Supporting the Workplace Health & Safety Manager, with a proactive approach to engagement, you will play a pivotal role in driving and embedding a “Safety First – Zero Harm” culture, targeting best practice levels of safety and legislative compliance, ensuring effective policies, procedures and WHS managements systems are in place to provide maintain the highest level of safety awareness, occupational health and injury prevention across the plant at Inverell.
In pursuit of our goal for “Zero Harm” Bindaree Beef is committed towards maintaining accreditation of its WHS Management System against the national and international standards AS-4801 and ISO-18000.
Key elements of this exciting and busy role include
- Lead and Champion a positive safety culture across the site and within the workforce;
- Promote and support the identification of workplace hazards, risks and risk controls in liaison with Department Managers/ Supervisors and ensure the provision of relevant Safe Work Instructions;
- Undertaking routine Department/Area Inspections and Risk Assessments;
- Advise and facilitate implementation of corrective actions and closure of safety hazards;
- Promote and support completion of Safety KPIs; i.e. Safety Observations and Near Miss reporting;
- Support and monitor completion of incident investigation reports and close out of corrective actions;
- Facilitate by department and work area a WHS training needs analysis and liaise with the Training and HR departments for development and delivery of training and assessment.;
- Monitor incident investigations, undertake investigations and apply appropriate preventative or corrective actions;
- Assist with the preparation of agendas and minute recording for Safety Committee meetings;
- Liaise with the HSRs in matters relating to audit inspections and WHS consultations, and
- Other relevant matters and issues as directed by the WHS Manager.
- High level attention to detail
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem and organisational skills
- Capably of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information desirable
- Ability to use initiative and be strong in multi-tasking
- Be proactive and adaptable
- Experience in handling confidential issues
- Ability to deal with differing personalities and cultures and to liaise with people at all levels
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Highly organised disposition with a strong administrative skill set
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health & Safety or a related business discipline will be highly regarded but not essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role desirable
What we offer
When you work at Bindaree Beef you will enjoy security, stability and the benefits that come with working for a well-respected and highly recognised processor in the red meat industry.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard as a team to make a positive difference – if you are interested in joining us please email your resume and cover letter quoting Reference Number 1004/2018 to email@example.com. Alternatively for a confidential discussion in relation to this opportunity please contact
Danna on 02 6721 1411.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Aug 2018
- NSW - Tamworth
- Work Type:
- Full Time