General Manager - People & Culture - [Archived Advertisement]
Hawthorn Football Club (View other jobs from this organisation)
General Manager - People & Culture
Enjoying a history that extends beyond 125 years, Hawthorn Football Club (HFC) is a proud, successful and respected member of the Australian Football League, well placed for future success. We live and breathe our values of Open & Honest, Dynamic, Relentless, Respect All and Selfless.
The club is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and a self-motivated professional with proven experience to join our Executive Leadership Team. This is your opportunity to take on a key leadership role within the Club shaping the future of HFC as we strive to be an Employer of Choice
This key leadership role is responsible for developing and executing human resources & safety strategies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the club. Specifically, in the areas of recruitment, learning and development, organisational development and leadership with the overarching priority being the welfare of our people.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team the General Manager - People & Culture will be responsible for;
- Providing thought leadership and practical guidance to the Executive Leadership Team to ensure best practice for our organisation.
- Developing people centred strategies and policies that assist Hawthorn Football Club in achieving its vision related strategic objectives.
- Developing and implementing innovative methods to ensure that Hawthorn Football Club is an Employer and Business with a competitive advantage.
- Overseeing recruitment strategies and practices to ensure the Club recruits those who are aligned with our culture and values.
- Leading and development of the in-house employee training programs and systems.
- Effective growth and enhancement of talent and leadership capability.
- Overseeing best practice systems and processes that support performance management decisions.
- Assessing and implementing the Club’s employee benefits program.
- Supporting a working environment where people feel engaged, rewarded and valued.
- Stay abreast of changes to employment law and ensure company policies and procedures and the practices of the HR team are in line with relevant legislation, codes and awards.
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring all reasonable steps are taken to ensure absolute safety in the workplace.
- Designing and directing a company-wide process of organisational development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organisation design, and change management.
The successful candidate:
- A positive, hands-on change agent with strong communication, leadership and presentation skills. As a leader in our business, you will strive to foster an inclusive culture and actively promote and support the Hawthorn Football Club values.
- Proven success in coaching, influencing and building capability with senior management
- Tertiary qualified Human Resources (with at least five years relevant experience in an Executive / GM Level role)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and technical understanding of contemporary HR and safety issues.
- Significant experience in designing successful people strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation/execution of significant people-related projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop our P&C team
- Demonstrated ability to play a role in a successful Executive Leadership Team that provides strategic leadership and direction.
The role is full time and will require some weekend work and travel. A Working with Children Check and Police Check are also a requirement of the role upon commencement of employment. As an employer of an AFL club you must also comply with AFL Rules & Regulations which includes prohibiting employees from gambling on AFL football.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate with the right skills and experience. In addition, the Club’s benefits program includes professional development opportunities, free parking, gym and pool access, discounts and an in-house health program.
Hawthorn Football Club encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We value our commitment to the Traditional Owners and as such, we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 30 January 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jan 2019
- A competitive salary package will be offered
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Safety and Wellbeing
Training and Development
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition