Head of Development and Corporate Affairs - [Archived Advertisement]
Cairns Airport Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Development and Corporate Affairs
Cairns Airport is seeking an engaging and energetic Head of Development Corporate Affairs, on a full time permanent basis.
This newly created role reports to the CEO and is responsible for leading the team who are dedicated to positively promoting our amazing regions and community.
This role is more than a Corporate Affairs and PR job, it is an opportunity to make a difference to the regions and communities in which we live and work, through effective and positive engagement.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Drive NQA’s leadership role in longer term destination development and travel demand through working with industry, community and government.
- Build and drive detailed and proactive corporate affairs strategies incorporating company’s marketing and communication, stakeholder engagement, media and issues management, brand management, government relations and sponsorship and community consultation, to positively position Cairns and Mackay Airports and the North Queensland Airports.
- Provide strategic leadership in stakeholder engagement activities. Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders including all levels of government, business, and industry and the airport and general communities.
- Collaborate on implementation of the Environmental, Social and Governance strategy across NQA. Take a lead in telling the sustainability story.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications or related field
- Leadership experience in government relations, industry affairs, media relations and issues management
- Engaging and energetic leader with a demonstrated track record of corporate affairs leadership experience in highly regulated, complex, issues rich organisation
- High level communication skills, written and oral and the proven ability to deliver communication and engagement programs
- Strong interpersonal, proven advocacy and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and juggling a range of priorities
- An appetite for creativity and capacity to encourage teams to be blue sky thinkers
- A proven strong media focus able to build great relationships regionally
- Strong business acumen
- Flexible, nimble and proactive in approach
- A team player and network builder with strong organisational skills and proactive in approach
- Technical competencies include excellent knowledge of the Australian media environment and external communications processes.
- Capacity to be on-call as needed after hours.
For any enquiries or to apply for this position please email your application and cover letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is COB 27 October 2019
** Prerequisites: you must meet the requirements for obtaining an Aviation Security Identification Card, including pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, and a Federal Police clearance.
** You must also have the ability to live and work in Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Oct 2019
- QLD - Cairns
- Work Type:
- Full Time