Senior Industrial Relations Consultant - 6 Month Max Term Contract - [Archived Advertisement]
Village Roadshow (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Industrial Relations Consultant - 6 Month Max Term Contract
Village Roadshow is a leading international media and entertainment company, operating its core businesses in Cinema, Movie Production, Film Distribution, TV, Digital Distribution and Theme Parks. This hands-on role will provide expert industrial relations advice and consultation to support the Human Resources team across numerous projects and initiatives.
We are seeking a passionate industrial relations specialist who thrives on a challenge and enjoys driving projects through to success! The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of the Australian industrial relations framework and workplace laws, as well as the ability to communicate with and influence various stakeholder groups.
The core functions of this role include;
- Providing specialised technical advice within the industrial relations framework, including the interpretation of enterprise agreements, modern awards and other legislative instruments
- Leading and coordinating projects with an industrial relations focus
- Reviewing current operational practices through auditing and investigation, developing strategies to ensure best practice and legislative compliance is met
- Influencing relevant internal stakeholders to execute change and educate in best practice methods to support future capability
- Assisting with IR/ER matters across a multitude of relevant legislative frameworks including awards, EBA’s, policies, procedures and other statutory provisions
- Representing the organisation in union or tribunal negotiations and consultations if required
Key requirements of the role include;
- Sound understanding of Australian industrial relations and employment law framework
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation of modern awards and enterprise agreements
- Ability to manage complex investigations to ensure successful resolution
- Relevant qualifications in Human Resources, Law, Industrial Relations or a similar field
- Significant and demonstrated experience in providing strategic advice, coaching and guidance
- Experience in project management, including influencing of senior stakeholders
- Well-rounded verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- An appetite for complex problem solving and resilience when faced with a challenge
- Self-starter approach with the ability to work autonomously when required
- Background in employment law will be highly regarded
- Previous usage of Kronos and/or SAP is desirable
If you are passionate about IR and think this role could be your next big opportunity, we would like to hear from you! In return, we offer opportunities for flexible working, a dynamic and passionate team-orientated culture, free movies, and the opportunity to make an everlasting impact within a wide variety of business entities.
Please note this is a 6 month max term contract with a possibility for extension.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
Industrial & Employee Relations