Health and Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Stellar Recruitment (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health and Safety Advisor
- CBD Location
- Maternity Contract
- Safety System Development Opportunity
About the Company:
International organisation specialising predominately across mining, infrastructure and professional services.
About the Role:
Provide, guidance and support to all offices in the function of Health and Safety, ensure HS practices and performance represent industry best practice. Develop a comprehensive Safety Management System (SMS) and other required safety documentation in line with AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Systems. Reporting to the CFO, you will be required to audit current safety systems and assist with the development of a documented Safety Management System in line with AS/NZS 4801.
- Manage an initial project (2-3 months) involving a complete audit and review of current SMS and associated safety documentation, policies and procedures ensuring consistency across all business functions. Improve current documentation and processes, and roll out to managers including providing training as required.
- Ensuring the Safety Management System (SMS) and related processes and procedures (in conjunction with Management) are up-to-date with legislative requirements and represent industry best practice.
- Assure HS compliance against the SMS for all business activities and promote HS best practice.
- Drive a culture that acknowledges the importance of safe working environments and has a continuous improvement, innovation, and ZERO HARM focus.
- Recommending improvement measures to reduce and/or eliminate incidents and hazards and ultimately improve our safety performance.
- Ensure all incidents are reported, investigated and effective corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Timely and accurate coordination of all activities relating to Workers Compensation claims and Injury Management.
- Ensure injured workers are effectively managed for a timely return to work, including attending / liaising with the treating medical practitioner and implementing / coordinating return to work &/or restricted duties plans.
- Assist with insurance renewals including Workers Compensation and Group Insurance.
- Liaise with payroll regarding appropriate payments for Workers Compensation.
- Conduct host workplace inspections and internal HS audits across our branches.
- Train and mentor staff in relation to safety processes and/or legislative requirements.
- Produce regular reporting on HS KPIs, including Monthly Safety Reports and Rehab and Return to work plans.
- Provide statistical and general safety information to consultants for use in tenders.
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related WHS discipline (essential)
- Experience working in Construction/Engineering or Mining (essential)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (preferable)
- Rehabilitation and return to work (qualified or experienced)
- Excellent consultation and communication skills
- Proven ability to audit and develop documented Safety Management Systems (SMS)Advanced Word and Excel skills
Dynamic, fast paced and supportive. Family oriented with regular family days planned, surfing classes during weekends all paid for, monthly team events, yearly awards and much more.
- Excellent location
- Attractive salary
- Good leadership with supportive and engaged team
How to Apply:
Click APPLY or contact Hamish Winterbourn for a confidential discussion.
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Return to Work/Injury Management
Training and Development