Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Compliance Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Mulgowie Farming Company (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Compliance Officer
Mulgowie Farming Company is a large Australian owned and operated horticultural business, specialising in the growing, packing, marketing and distribution of fresh vegetables for domestic and export markets. Over the past 75 years, Mulgowie Farming Company has grown far and wide, with vegetable farms across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Mulgowie farmers are passionate about tending to Healthy Soil, growing Healthy Plants and consistently providing high quality, nutritious fresh vegetables for Healthy People.
The SHEQ Compliance Officer will work closely with the Regional Operations Manager, WHS Manager and Quality Manager to ensure Mulgowie Farming Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies are implemented consistently across the region. Based in Mulgowie, primarily your focus will be on ensuring the safety of people through the utilisation of our Integrated Management System, reviewing SHEQ related procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout our facilities, including farms, processing, packhouse and logistics operations. Additionally, and with equal importance, you will have oversight of food safety and quality compliance in our fresh food environment. This is a hands on role providing on-site SHEQ support, conducting risk assessments, compliance monitoring and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and ensuring compliance of all company and regulatory policies and procedures related to SHEQ are implemented consistently across the region, and that any & all changes are communicated in a timely and effective manner
- Fostering an environment where safety, quality, productivity and continual improvement are part of everyday activities
- Maintain and continuously apply our Integrated Management System, particularly in regard to all SHEQ related strategies, policies & procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout the region
- Contribute accurate and clear interpretation of SHEQ legislation and standards to support function managers
- Ensuring the audit and monitoring regime is implemented, including the conduct of internal and third-party audits
- Accurate and timely reporting on all SHEQ related matters, including escalation to appropriate functional and regional managers.
- Carry out investigations to identify root cause and promote lessons learned throughout the organisation
- Raise awareness of SHEQ issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary to support and develop capability across the region
To be successful in the position you will have:
- Formal WHS/OH&S qualifications
- Thorough working knowledge of WHS legislative requirements
- Experience in delivering pragmatic WHS systems-based improvement in the FMCG sector (ideally Fresh Produce or similar)
- Experience working across multiple sites and dispersed operating teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be influential and display leadership behaviours
- A life-long learning approach, and be keen to develop new skills and tackle new experiences
- An enjoyment of on-the-spot problem solving,
- An interest in and enjoyment of developing capability in others to enhance SHEQ understanding and compliance
Ideally you will also have
- Experience or formal qualifications in food safety and quality
- HACCP Certification
- A desire to embrace a career in the Fresh Food, Agricultural or Horticultural industry
Why Join Us?
At Mulgowie; we value the Consumer in all of our decision making; value the safety of our people and product; respect all people and are united through team spirit; and value clear communication whilst welcoming all ideas for improvement.
This is an exciting role for candidates who pride themselves on providing a high level of customer satisfaction and have the drive to continue professional growth to support and strengthen our high calibre operations.
If you believe you possess the above criteria, please apply on seek providing a cover letter and current resume outlining your skills and experience.
- QLD - Mulgowie
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Lean Process/ Continuous Improvement
Learning & Development
Safety and Wellbeing