- Are you an Employee Relations expert with the ability to influence; evidenced through delivery and up to date knowledge?
- Do you have a flexible approach to problem solving to provide pragmatic solutions?
- If so, we have a fantastic permanent opportunity for you within Human Resources based in North Sydney
Are you ready to join a leading Wealth business as it embarks on a period of significant change? NAB has recently announced exciting plans to create a standalone Wealth business to operate independently from the NAB. At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
About the Role
The Head of Employee Relations provides expertise on all employee relations and policy matters across MLC. This role owns the central relationship with Unions, engaging them on enterprise bargaining requirements and facilitating organisational change activity as appropriate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a MLC employee relations strategy and plan, with a focus on developing a positive ER climate during complex organisational change
- Lead and champion key programmes of work to enable MLC to be an employer of choice
- Work closely with all other areas of Wealth HR to design and deliver strategies, policies and practices that are aligned with MLC’s purpose, objectives and values
- Ensure employee policy development is in line with best practice, legal requirements and in support of MLC’s strategic objectives
- Lead the relationship and key negotiations with trade unions and other representative forums as appropriate with a view to securing business performance, employee engagement and legal compliance
- Develop HR capability in the understanding and application of employment law, policies and practices to ensure consistency and manage risk
As the Head Of Employee Relations, you will have substantial experience of leading an employee relations function within a complex, unionised organisation, (including strategy development and implementation) with proven success in a similar role.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of employment law and industrial relations practices and their contribution to business success as well as experience of creating and implementing employee relations interventions that have a demonstrable impact on organisational success. The ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels within an organisation will ensure success in this role.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.