Lifeline Australia is a National Charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention Services.
We are Australia’s leading suicide prevention service with over 41 centres nationally and over 10,000 volunteers and 1,000 employees working to ensure that no person in Australia has to face their darkest moments alone. Each year, Lifeline receives over 1 million contacts from people in crisis.
We are here to listen, without judgement and to advocate for equal opportunities for mental wellbeing. We are here for you.
About the role:
- Full Time Permanent role
- Based at our Sydney CBD office (currently remote)
The primary purpose of the Learning and Development Manager is to provide leadership to the Learning & Development Team and to be accountable for the delivery, development and continuous improvement of Lifeline’s crisis support training programs and the ongoing development of a skilled crisis support workforce, including trainers. Additionally, the Learning and Development Manager will ensure collaboration between the Learning and Development team and all stakeholders to deliver projects, business wide strategic objectives and to ensure the capacity and capability of the Lifeline network to deliver crisis support to Australians in crisis or at risk of suicide.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide proactive and enabling leadership of the L&D team, including effective people management, team advocacy and strategic engagement
- Lead a team of direct reports specialising in learning design, training delivery and facilitation, learning management systems, RTO compliance and L&D administration.
- Establish, implement, and support effective ways of working within the L&D team and with internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for building, implementing, and evaluating processes and practices to build a network of skilled trainers
- Accountable for the development and implementation of processes and practices to effectively deliver end to end training programs
- Accountable for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of all L&D programs and resources.
- Identify potential and actual risk and actions to mitigate or control risk, in relation to the compliance and delivery of Lifeline training and developmental programs
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management both internally and externally as required
- Relevant degree qualifications and experience in an area such as Human Resources, Adult Education, Learning and Development, Organisational Change and Leadership
- In-depth knowledge and recent experience of the Vocational Education and Training sector including knowledge of RTO compliance requirements
- People leadership and management skills
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills including advocacy, influencing and negotiation skills
- Project Management or Change Management qualifications (desirable)
- TAE or equivalent (desirable)
- Extensive and recent experience in a learning and development environment.
- People and team leadership and management
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- An understanding of and recent experience in the application of adult learning theories and digital learning principles
- A good understanding of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and their requirements
- Experience working in or with services delivering mental health and human services (desirable)
- Experience working in agile environments and an understanding of agile practices (desirable)
- Change management experience (desirable)
What is in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration
- Encouragement to show appreciation through our newly created rewards and recognition program
- Social and wellness initiatives “Daily Trivia”
- Salary packaging benefits – you can salary package up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program
Want to join the Lifeline Family?
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- Cover letter addressing the “About you” section of this advert
At Lifeline Australia we believe that diversity is strength and are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace.
If you are successful in reaching the next stage of the recruitment process you will be contacted.