Human Resources Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Advisor
Cherbourg is located in the South Burnett Region of Queensland about 3 hours drive north west of Brisbane and 1 hour west of Gympie. The township is 7km from Murgon. Cherbourg has a hospital, medical centre, community health service, aged persons hostel, primary school prep to year 6, TAFE College and a sporting complex incorporating an indoor basketball/netball court and gym.
Facilities in the region and within a 30 minute drive from Cherbourg include supermarkets and shopping facilities, most major banks, golf courses, swimming pools, fishing, boating, wineries and restaurants.
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Human Resources Advisor to advise our CEO and Senior Management team on all HR matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide initiative and direction that will assist Council to best manage its Human Resources.
- Effectively manage the following Human Resources related functions:
- Recruitment and selection;
- Employee and Industrial Relations;
- Learning and Development
- Provide HR advice to management and employees regarding industrial relations, enterprise bargaining, award conditions and other employment matters.
- Assist management in, or carry out on behalf of management, negotiations with unions or employee representatives on a range of issues including agreements, workplace bargaining, disputes and other workplace matters.
- Assist management in the investigation and resolution of matters relating to grievances, bullying and harassment, and poor performance.
- Develop HR policies and procedures, including review of current policies and procedures, for consideration by the Senior Management Team.
- Promote continuous improvement within the human resources area.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to CEO and other Managers.
- Establish and maintain HR and payroll procedures in our Practical Payroll System.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and prepare HR reports such as termination, recruitment, excessive leave, surveys.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Human Resources or considerable experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of key responsibilities.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of local government governance requirements advantageous.
- Previous experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities would be advantageous.
- A current Driver's Licence.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary plus superannuation.
- Relocation assistance.
- Salary sacrifice packaging options.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Work/life balance.
Your application should be comprised of:
- A statement (not more than 2 pages) that summarises your skills, experience and achievements against the key responsibilities within the context of the role you are applying for; and
- A current resume containing details of 2 referees. At least one referee should have a thorough knowledge of your work over the past two years as your manager or supervisor.
- Your statement and resume should be forwarded attention to:
- Sam Murray – Corporate Services Manager, Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council. email@example.com.
- Jake Sloots - Human Resources Advisor, Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council. firstname.lastname@example.org
Council ensures that applicants receive fair, consistent and equitable treatment in all aspects of human resource management through discrimination free and equal employment opportunities.
- QLD - Cherbourg
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Industrial & Employee Relations
Learning & Development
Recruitment - Internal