Workplace Health and Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Spinal Life Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health and Safety Advisor
Spinal Life Australia is a not-for-profit organisation. We are passionate in our commitment to rebuilding lives, promoting and celebrating independence, and preventing spinal injuries. We are currently looking for an experienced Workplace Health and Safety Advisor (part-time role 3 days a week) to join our established People and Culture department.
At Spinal Life Australia we are looking forward to driving change towards a positive, healthy and safe work environment for all of our employees. This exciting, newly developed role will be pivotal towards this movement. Our successful candidate will need to positively influence and advise our leaders on health and safety matters, under WHS legislation. You will need to develop, implement and review our WHS policies and procedures and have the ability to coordinate and deliver Workplace Health and Safety programs in order to promote, educate and engage our employees. We are looking for someone to own this space and really drive change in order for us to provide a great workplace for all our employees.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist to develop a culture of safety and wellbeing.
- Conduct worksite/workplace inspections and prepare reports outlining potential hazards and areas of improvement. This includes undertaking risk assessments and preparation of safe work instructions as required.
- Maintain sound knowledge of current legislation, standards and policies.
- Report hazards and/or incidents, including near misses in accordance with Spinal Life Australia policies and procedures. Take immediate action to address such issues in a timely fashion.
- Undertake inspections, assessments and investigations at relevant locations in which the organisation undertakes business activities and services.
- Manage the reporting and recording of hazards and/ or incidents and maintain register or reported incidents.
- Work closely with the Wellbeing and Injury Management Coordinator to support return to work and injury management outcomes
- As an advisor, you must exercise due diligence to ensure that the organisation complies with workplace health and safety (WHS) laws and regulations
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar role is essential (3-5 years)
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the implementation and management of WHS frameworks and initiatives
- Knowledge of WHS legislation, guidelines and WHS management practices
- Good organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and a team player who can collaborate with key stakeholders
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
Apply now and you'll enjoy all the benefits of working with Spinal Life Australia, including:
- Comprehensive training and induction
- Ongoing training and development - we say it because we actually do it!
- Internal career progression opportunities
- Regular team meetings and celebrations of success - you're part of a big team where your contribution is really valued
- The opportunity to really make a difference - in your team, in your organisation and in our clients' lives.
- Salary Packaging! Increase your take home pay!
- Great cafes and restaurants near the office.
- A rotating parking roster is utilised at Spinal Life Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Jul 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Part Time