Manager Human Resources and Organisational Development - [Archived Advertisement]
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Human Resources and Organisational Development
Employer: Aboriginal Housing Victoria
- Work Type/s: ongoing .8 FTE
- Location: Melbourne
- Applications close: 17 July 2020
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate, affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
The Manager of Human Resources and Organisational Development is responsible for number of functions, including implementing HR policies and programs and providing strategic and operational support in all matters relating to staff development, OHS, recruitment and on boarding, change management and industrial relations functions.
As a Manager at AHV the incumbent will be expected to take a flexible approach and take on other duties from time to time, as required to ensure that the company meets the Board’s objectives and ensures that HR successfully delivers services to its clients.
The new Manager will:
- Collaborate with the executive group to promote organisational cohesion, the development of a culture of continuous improvement, and the inculcation of organisational values.
- Manage and control the delivery of services in the areas of human resources management, organizational development and occupational health and safety, in line with the approved annual budget allocation.
- Supervise and support the role of HR Coordinator and ensure that they are delivering good service outcomes
- Develop and maintain the appropriate policies and procedures for areas of responsibility, ensuring statutory and legislative requirements are included and met.
- Provide advice to the executive group, line managers and staff regarding disciplinary, performance and grievance issues, and ensure supporting policy and procedures meet industrial relations legislative and organisational requirements. Ensure that AHV becomes a workplace of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people including through effective recruitment, induction and development programs and succession planning
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive staff development program, including supporting officers to develop strong staff management and leadership skills through coaching or the identification and providing of relevant training
- Provide advice to the executive group and line managers regarding recruitment and selection strategies and initiatives, and ensure recruitment policies and procedures are meeting organisation and legislative needs
- Manage the OHS function and WorkCover related issues. Ensure workplace injuries, illnesses and identified hazards are recorded and acted on an, and report serious matters to the Board and executive group.
- Perform other duties as directed that fall within the scope of the position and/or the incumbents knowledge and skills
We are looking for someone who will bring a strategic focus to the role along with the capacity to work within the culture of AHV. Key attributes and skills required for the role include:
- Awareness and appreciation of Australian Indigenous societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Indigenous people.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in human resources, including at a management level.
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to identify, develop and implement policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently, including capacity to exercise effective personal judgement
- Experience managing the OHS function including Workcover
- Knowledge of and experience in interpreting awards (SCHCADS award desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to identify business needs, develop strategies and oversee projects.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate successful outcomes that address issues on both a short and long term basis.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and confidence in communicating and presenting in a number of settings.
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or a related discipline
This position is based in our North Fitzroy office.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Applications close on 17 July 2020.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Manager Human Resources and Organisational Development.
Please direct enquiries about the role to
Darren Smith, CEO on 0408 178 805.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jul 2020
- VIC - Fitzroy North
- Work Type:
- Part Time
People and Culture