Human Resources Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Stamford Plaza Brisbane (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Manager
- Luxury 5 Star Hotel in Brisbane’s CBD
- Supportive and dynamic team
- Excellent CBD location
Perfectly located on the banks of the Brisbane river and a stone’s throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer, please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to own and lead the People agenda in our Brisbane hotel. On a day to day basis you will partner closely with the Hotel General Manager and the management team on recruitment and selection, training, staff counselling and employee relations issues. You will continuously explore opportunities to improve our employer brand value, both at the hotel level and as a Group. You will act as an advocate for change by constantly pushing the envelope on talent initiatives. The ideal candidate has a passion for guest service, is an excellent communicator, and is able to build a strong team culture and genuine relationships with staff at all levels.
As our Human Resources Manager, you will be highly proficient and proactive in providing Human Resources advice and coaching to our team of managers across all components of the employee life cycle. This role will offer you the opportunity to provide support to managers where you will have a responsibility in recruitment, payroll and actively coaching through performance management, workplace investigations and providing guidance on all people related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Brisbane HR team and work closely with the Hotel GM on all people matters
- Manage all employee relations matters including Award interpretation, Enterprise Agreement and common law contract matters
- Manage WorkCover issues and return to work programs
- Exceptional eye for detail in drafting contracts and other confidential documents
- Assist Department Heads with co-ordination of staffing levels
- Empathetic and mature approach to management of staff issues
- Have a high level of communication – verbal, written and listening
- Be confident in public speaking and conducting presentations
In addition to the above, other duties of this position will include:
- Managing all components of the Human Resources department.
- Championing all aspects of the Stamford Hotels and Resorts values while creating a culture that showcases the Stamford Way.
- Managing the full employee relations cycle and supporting end to end Human Resources activities.
- Promoting a health and safety culture while ensuring compliance to current Health and Safety legislation.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management and an up to date knowledge of legislation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience using KRONOS or other similar time and attendance system
- Experience using ADP Payforce / Employee Services Portal or other similar HR system
- Experience in management of Workcover and RTW processes
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is looking for a person with the following attributes:
- Human Resources qualifications coupled with a strong understanding or experience within a large complex organisation – preferably within the hospitality / people centric environment.
- Current knowledge of Australian employment legislation and a good understanding of hospitality/HR trends.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your tasks and manage your workload effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships and expectations from internal and external stakeholders.
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Excellent salary package & employee benefits
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the hotels
- Free staff meals
- Dry cleaning
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Oct 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring