Learning Resource Developer
- $98,617 plus 15% Superannuation
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Flexible Hours
- Canberra Location
ActewAGL’s Operational Learning Services team are looking for an experienced, creative and adaptable individual to join the team to design and develop training resources and educational aids to support a range of accredited and non-accredited learning and development programs delivered to learners within Evoenergy and to external customers.
At the heart of it, success in this role would see you apply various design principles and practices to support learners in acquiring the knowledge, skills and competencies to complete their job roles in an intuitive and appealing manner. As background, this has most recently included developing face-to-face and online assessments for field workers including creating training support materials and scenarios to support the classroom delivery of Industry Safety Rules training.
If you have a creative flair for design, a passion for learning resource development, a “let’s get it done” attitude and a curiosity to explore technology in aiding the learning experience, then this role is for you!
Why choose us?
Based at the Evoenergy depot in Canberra’s south at Tuggeranong, the team are dedicated to providing services to Evoenergy including overseeing the delivery of a competency program to our field staff, the delivery of core and mandatory training to all relevant staff working on and around our network. The team also hold responsibility for the Enterprise Registered Training Organisation.
As a member of the wider People, Safety and Culture Division, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an integrated team that provides services not only to Evoenergy, our electricity and gas distribution business but also ActewAGL, our electricity, gas and solar retailer.
With a collaborative, “can-do” attitude, we have a positive team culture that encourages and inspires to be self-starters who can work autonomously, flexibly and be action oriented. We offer generous salary and employee benefits including competitive pay, leadership and professional development programs, a free gym membership, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
About your role:
Working within the team and alongside the Evoenergy workforce, you will:
- design and develop accredited and non-accredited training programs and assessment tools, in collaboration with industry experts, to support learning events across Evoenergy, such as our annual Safety program, apprentice program electrical career pathway program
- apply instructional design theories, practice and methods to lead the delivery of engaging, interactive and meaningful training and assessment content
- apply knowledge of emerging and best practice learning and design principles when developing resources
- work with established business processes that support the delivery of training programs such as Evoenergy’s refresher compliance programs and the Electrical Worker Competency Framework
- work collaboratively with internal and external partners to understand their training needs, interpret and consider options and deliver the best outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you will possess the following:
- proven experience in developing training resources including engaging and interactive e-learning content
- demonstrated understanding of the Vocational Education and Training sector
- knowledge and experience of the VET Quality Framework (VQF)
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- knowledge and demonstrated understanding of applying learning and design principles
- TAE40110 or TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or higher)
Not Essential but we'd love it if you have:
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of Adobe software packages such as creative cloud suite, Articulate and/or Adobe Captivate
- knowledge and experience in Graphic Design principles and practices to design engaging
Our Application Process
If this role sounds appealing, please apply through our e-Recruitment portal and submit a resume and cover letter telling us about your key skills and experience you can bring to this role. The closing date for this role is 11 PM 22nd February 2019.
To learn more about the role, we encourage you to contact Gaby Deschamps on 0401 899 216.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Canberra?
Canberra, our Nation’s capital, has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of an elite capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.