Warehouse Team Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
Warehouse Team Leader
- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Full time, ongoing opportunity
- 9-day fortnight offered
Power to shine
ActewAGL’s Procurement team is looking for a motivated, and highly focused individual to join the team in the newly created position, Warehouse Team Leader.
Reporting to the Supply Manager, you will be responsible for delivering effective, efficient and quality warehousing distribution services. You will also take on the day-to-day management of the Warehouse team and will be accountable for providing leadership and training to the warehouse staff.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications form women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Ensure the delivery of a safe warehouse function in accordance with safety policies, regulation and legislation.
- Ensure all warehouse staff are trained and competent in warehouse procedures.
- Lead and coordinate the Warehouse Team including tasks, personnel, procedures and workloads.
- Ensure all material processing is completed effectively and in a manner that protects the interests of the organisation.
- Analyse inventory accuracy of the warehouse and implement continuous improvement to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with the Inventory and Purchasing Teams to support the management of inventory.
- Participate in an on-call roster to provide stores support to ActewAGL/Evoenergy operations during after-hours periods, in which you will be remunerated through allowances and overtime on top of your salary.
You will need to be successful:
- Qualifications in frontline management, or warehousing/logistics or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in team coordination and task delegation within warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of modern warehousing concepts.
- Ability to analyse inventory accuracy, identify root causes of discrepancies and implement processes and system improvements.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of warehouse and inventory IT system such as Oracle.
- High Risk Forklift Licence and Dogging Licence is desirable, or the ability to obtain both.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Friday 12th August 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Sean Nihill, Supply Manager on (02) 6270 7592.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $94,629 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Logistics/Supply Chain/Procurement