Risk Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- A rare opportunity to join our Strategic Safety, Risk and Compliance team
- Make an impact at Canberra’s most iconic brand
Power to shine
Our Safety, Risk and Compliance team within the People and Legal division at ActewAGL is looking for a collaborative, highly motivated and organised individual to join their team as the Risk Officer.
Reporting to the Manager Risk and Compliance, you will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the ActewAGL Risk Management Framework and support the business in managing their risk responsibilities.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Provide risk advice to a diverse range of business stakeholders.
- Maintain and continuously improve the ActewAGL Risk Management Framework.
- Support the business to manage risk through training, workshop facilitation, documentation of risks, stakeholder engagement, monitoring, and reporting risk information to Board and Executive committees and ad hoc requests from the business.
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives through second line assurance activities.
- Administer the risk management information systems (ARIA) to ensure that information is current and available. This will include: maintain system information, coordinate staff training, provide advice and assistance to risk system users, improve the risk information, and provide regular risk information reports to the business.
- Assist the broader team and manager in risk reporting to the Safety Audit and Risk committee, the Board and Executive.
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience in the provision of practical, relevant, and responsive risk advice to management.
- Knowledge of governance, risk, and control concepts ISO 31000 and associated guidance.
- Experience in engaging, influencing, negotiating and collaborating with a range of business stakeholders.
- Experience in reporting risk information to boards/committees.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications, and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Wednesday 28th September 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Kim Fox, Manager Risk and Compliance on 0457 206 697.
Alternatively, you can review the Position Description for more details on the role.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Sep 2022
VIC - Canberra
QLD - Canberra
NSW - Canberra
ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $133,043 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time